Ship core adjustment with new system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It occurs to me that, with the upcoming reactor changes, designing a ship is going to be a much more fluid activity. Players will be juggling reactor size, stabilizer distance, and chamber placement. The last thing anyone wants to deal with after figuring all of that out, is moving the entire system because that single immovable ship core block ended up in a poor location.

Is there any hope for this to happen?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I dunno why you're getting disagreed with, SMBEdit is the ONLY way I build ships anymore.

I stick my core outside the ship, build in whatever manner feels right, and then use SMBEdit to move the core to wherever it is I want it to go when I'm done.

The whole "gotta have an unmovable core as the first block you place" is frankly the WORST part of building in Starmade, and this program fixes it.

Its a little finicky getting all the commands set up just right to make it work, and could SERIOUSLY use a GUID (I should really just freaking make one of those), but it freaking works.

Sure, would be NICE to be able to do it in the game itself, but until then, SMBEdit makes the game better, more people need to know about it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I've never used it, and personally it doesn't sound very interesting to me if it's only used outside of the game. That's a personal choice, however, and I appreciate your suggestion. I would really prefer that the ability to move the ship core was an in-game feature, rather than offered third-party. I wouldn't expect that the average player is going to be using mods or third-party apps.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've never used it, and personally it doesn't sound very interesting to me if it's only used outside of the game. That's a personal choice, however, and I appreciate your suggestion. I would really prefer that the ability to move the ship core was an in-game feature, rather than offered third-party. I wouldn't expect that the average player is going to be using mods or third-party apps.
    Oh its not even a user friendly program, its a Python script that requires passing a BUNCH of arguments into the command line to use.

I'm actually going to see if I can make a GUI for it, because I'm tired of keeping a text file of my most commonly used commands.