Ship computer systems

Reaction score
    There really isnt all that much to do inside a ship other than fly it, Why not add a computer system that you can build inside your ship to store and view information as well as maybe even play games like asteroids and space invaders (Starmade equivalents.) You would have a computer block a disk drive block and data disks as an inventory item, You parent a display module to the computer as a monitor.

Reaction score
    Just sit in front of a computer block and alt tab to an actual asteroids / space invaders game.

Imagination!

Reaction score
    Just sit in front of a computer block and alt tab to an actual asteroids / space invaders game.

Imagination!
    I just believe that the game should have methods of storing ingame data on machines, Maybe not video games but still, You need something to do when your ship is using a push effect to travel the galaxy and your just wandering your massive ship bored stiff.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    hummm...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: that remind me the Mod ComputerCraft of Minecraft ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I would think that a mini game of a Simon or bejeweled clone could be used to enhance the computer that is being "played." Trivial mindless game that adds .01% to the efficiency of the explosive computer or something. Then your little game of distraction is actually a benefit for the ship.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Why give a decorative block some effect on the ships systems?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Why have bored passengers who even with a game still are bored? But if you tell them they effect the ship, they are not bored!

Your Flagship is cruising on a mission to a distant star cluster in another galaxy. but your jump drive doesn't charge all to fast. All 4 of your crew members go up to a jump drive computer and Interact with its connect the dots "game." Each successful pattern (Ingress uses this) enhances your jump drive distance or charge rate just a little. Your crew is now engaged in the game, Happy and fulfilled. Game has more depth. bonus: you get there a little faster!!

I could see this in opperation for all the computers in the game. adding more computers for the thrusters and power systems.

also game achievements. the more the better. and hats. lots of hats.

Reactions: Lecic and Ithirahad

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I just believe that the game should have methods of storing ingame data on machines, Maybe not video games but still, You need something to do when your ship is using a push effect to travel the galaxy and your just wandering your massive ship bored stiff.
    Alt-tab and internet are your friends.

Even better: Jump drives.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think a interactive decorative block is a nice thing to be added, but in my oppinion it should offer no improvements to the systems. Another thought of mine about this is that it is of very low priority.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Do you gave reasons to deny products of labor to players? A mini game within a game should imo add things to the game play for the player, not just distract them from the time passing. If your just looking for something to do, we should have an accessible design mode. Build mode like system that you can return to anytime to design your ship when ever and where ever you may be.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Why should the player be revarded for a distraction? A tiny advantage is still an advantage, therefore it forces players to play some mini games to reach the full potential of their ships.
    What kind of game does count as "labor" anyways? Why should there be mini games which don't offer enough short time fun/entertainment as revard in the first place?