Ship Classification: Depth in its simplest form

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Quite a few players have been posting their ideas for what they think a good ship classification looks like so here is mine. The idea of it is to have a lot of useful information displayed in a very simply, easy to remember format. All feedback is appreciated so that I can improve this classification to something that others may want to use!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like it, simple and easy to use yet provides detailed information. Just as you described in the title.

Reactions: jzimmerman4

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This discussion will never end....
    My classification is a bigger then most because I try to make sense with 1:1 replicas - for example, a 1:1 replica of a Corellian Corvette would probably be considered a Cruiser in your classification, instead of a.... Corvette.

Tho, I also disagree with the fighter scale. A 150 mass ship is uncapable of anything, while we see on plenty of sci-fi media that some fighters and carry more and one weapon and even go FTL.... I'd call 0-150 a drone instead.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A 150 mass ship is quite capable if not surrounded by titans. Mass matches mass, fight inside your weight class and it'll be fun and interesting. Fight outside your weight class and either smear your opponent or get cored yourself.

I like that there are all these good ideas for classifications, it was hard for me to even choose one for the server. I don't think we'll ever see the end of discussion, it will likely remain the prerogative of server admins, and shipwrights, to organize or adopt their own systems.

Yes, it would be cool if we could all agree on one fully objective system. But is anyone prepared to give up their own ideas? Probably not.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This discussion will never end....
    My classification is a bigger then most because I try to make sense with 1:1 replicas - for example, a 1:1 replica of a Corellian Corvette would probably be considered a Cruiser in your classification, instead of a.... Corvette.

Tho, I also disagree with the fighter scale. A 150 mass ship is uncapable of anything, while we see on plenty of sci-fi media that some fighters and carry more and one weapon and even go FTL.... I'd call 0-150 a drone instead.
    I see your point but a drone is more of a role since I could make a titan class ship and once I put a Bobby AI on it it is also a drone.