Ship Catalog Royalties!!!!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It would be awesome if someone bought YOUR ship and YOU got some of the money would'nt it? This would make creating ships that are good a viable source of income!!!! I suggust that when a ship is bought from the catalog the name of the owner gets a 4th of the money sent his way!

Reaction score
    While this would certainly be possible, it can quickly be exploited(as long as you bought the ship once). You simply save it in your own catalgoe afterwards. And also, I don\'t often see people use blueprints from their server so again, it would be useless. Else, I think it\'s a good idea

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The catalog is in need of an overhaul anyhow makes since to intergrate this in to an overhaul

Reaction score
    Make ore ship.

Save Blueprint.

Make another account.

Upload ship on other account.

Buy ship on main account.

Take credits from other account.

Sell ore.

Profit.

Palm goes where?

Reaction score
    Hi,

I like this idea a lot.

Florrible is right - the game would need to refuse to allow you to save someone else\'s ship design in your catalogue; but it should be trivial to add a \"design owner\" to ship\'s data (and do an \"if(player == designer)\" check when the player attempts to save in catalogue).

I\'d also say the royalty should be more like 10% of the ship\'s price, and should be added onto the cost of the ship. For example, if someone buys a ship worth 10 million credits, then they pay 11 million and 1 million credits go to the designer.

@War Dog: You can already save and buy \"ore ships\", and you can already transfer credits to other players (including other accounts that belong to you); so I don\'t see how royalties could make anything worse .

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Qweesdy@

Really making ships more expensive is the last thing ppl need. For example on Nass the other day CR was having problems with making super hull ships still be within the Cred amount on Nass

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This would probably create \"buy my awesome new [ship/turret] blueprint called X\" spam, and make ships more expensive... There are probably even other issues with it that I haven\'t yet foreseen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, if you buy a ship from catalog, YOU CANT SAVE IT.

Stops people spreading your awesome ship all over the Internet. The main reason no one puts their ship in the catalog with public permissions (if they understand the game)

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Like I said the Catalog is in need of an update. From what i\'ve seen the actual ingame accounts arent like normal accounts. Their coding seems to be different. This is why I think you cant send someone a message when their offline. This is also why anyone can save ships and stuff. Until this is made normal the catalog will continue be half as good as it could be. So my idea might be a little bit ahead past the horizon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had a idea that actually was directly oposing this one; you should pay more for a ship then for parts, even if the ship is just a core, a reactor, and a engine, it should cost a bit more then buying those parts yourself and building it yourself.

The bigger the dimensions of the ship, the more it costs on top of the parts. Mass is meaningless if you can place a part that weighs 50 tons just as easily as one that weighs .05 tons, so raw size of the ship makes it cost more.

Reaction score
    Hi,

@Faran: The retarded, broken, unbalanced and unwise \"NASS hack\" has nothing to do with standard StarMade, and therefore isn\'t a valid objection.

A sane ship (one that hasn\'t been crippled to work on NASS and nowhere else) with hardened hull typically ends up being over 6 million blocks (much larger than the game can handle) before you hit the credit limit.