Ship-building advice

Reaction score

Do you guys have any advice on ship building??
    I've already set my max advanced build limit to 50

Reaction score
    Basically you can build whatever you want. This game is suppost to give a lot of freedom.
    If it's about efficience there are a few blocks that profit from specific build patterns (mostly power related blocks).
    These things can be found on the wiki.

Further it might be useful to experiment a on small crafts.

PS: I also use higher max limit (about 300), but that's just because i grow tired of big projects and eventually become lazy.
    You should just try out a few things to see what works best for you.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That is a neat construction site! Looks like you will end up with quite a ship :)
    This is very good advice in general. You develop abstract shapes and a "style" you can carry over to large ships.

My two additional cents: Have a "main" hull color, a "secondary" one and a "highlight" one (or combine the latter two). Also, battleship grey is usually a good choice for main hull if you want to achieve a "realistic human style" look.

Reaction score
    Just keep building more and more ships. The more ships you build, the better you get and when you're 10 more ships down the line you'll look back and think "how did I ever make something so horrible..."

Also don't be afraid to test your ship designs in battle. It's no good if it's never going to see combat.

Reaction score
    Basically you can build whatever you want. This game is suppost to give a lot of freedom.
    If it's about efficience there are a few blocks that profit from specific build patterns (mostly power related blocks).
    These things can be found on the wiki.

PS: I also use higher max limit (about 300), but that's just because i grow tired of big projects and eventually become lazy.
    You should just try out a few things to see what works best for you.
    My computer just can't handle 300 blocks :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you're doing interior, do that before you put down your systems. It's much easier to adjust the systems around your interior than the interior around your systems.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My computer just can't handle 300 blocks :(
    Indeed, most computers won't be able to handle 300! Especially on more than one dimension! But it's probably worth experimenting and see how high you can go before it gives you problems. I've stuck to 10, just so i don't get frustrated when I switch to playing on public servers.

Reaction score
    Indeed, most computers won't be able to handle 300! Especially on more than one dimension! But it's probably worth experimenting and see how high you can go before it gives you problems. I've stuck to 10, just so i don't get frustrated when I switch to playing on public servers.
    lol , just build your ships in singleplayer and add them to the server catalog then buy it (sell your old ships to other people)