Ship build help.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi i got a ship model from Smedit. Smedit made the ship kind of lopsided and the ships mass is 180,000. I happen to be a bit anal about symmetry and stuff so is there a way i can cut it in half and ato build the other half to mirror it. In the words of Death the Kid, "I must have symmetry".

Reaction score
    What are the dimentions? Els you could just up your SP buildbox and copy half of it, delete the whole thing or just take a new core and past it with symmetry on back on the right spot.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I believe he's referring to the PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA setting in the server.cfg file, which determines the maximum value of the dimension sliders in advanced build mode (which you can access with the left Ctrl key).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh, ok. i dont think that will work do to the shape of the ship its about 1000 long 200 high and 250 width. it also has to complex of a shape to try boxing the current shape with the current game controls. I think id have better luck waiting for the rebuild/remake of smedit.

Reaction score
    Not a real problem. Build a box frame around the ship, devide it in equal bits and copy/past it in sections with symmetry on.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Please forgive my newbieness, but I have no clue how to copy/paste, and I would love to know. Can someone give me a clue?

For that matter, is there an undo commend?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes to both. The buttons are in advanced build mode.

Default access:
    Access the Build mode on a structure (vs. flight mode)
    Press and hold the Left Ctrl button to bring up the Advanced Build mode buttons and sliders.
    With this active, you'll see the Copy and Undo buttons, among other things.

Also, with Advanced Build mode active (holding down that Ctrl button), you'll be able to see the extents of the area size you are working with in 3D space. You can change the area size with the three sliders.

Reactions: russweis
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Press and hold the Left Ctrl button to bring up the Advanced Build mode buttons and sliders.
    With this active, you'll see the Copy and Undo buttons, among other things.
    Oh good grief! The extent of my own oblivious blindness astounds me sometimes. Thank you Jayman.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Tremble before my might and intelligence, Earthlings! Oh, and ignore the man behind the curtain.

You are perfectly welcome.

Reactions: russweis
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well... took me a bit to get the box around my ship. Cutting the ship in half crashed the game. kicked my ram up to 4gig and deleted half the ship in 1/4. had to copy the other half in 1/4 pasting the 2 sections made my comp have 2m lag spikes. and had to spawn one of the sections 5 times till i understood how past worked. over all the game crashed 37 times and i have a uniform symmetrical supper carrier. 1000 long 160 high and 237 wide. Its kind of a chubby ship. biggest ship iv ever built. going to take me a long time to build the inside. thanks jayman38.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    Well... took me a bit to get the box around my ship. Cutting the ship in half crashed the game. kicked my ram up to 4gig and deleted half the ship in 1/4. had to copy the other half in 1/4 pasting the 2 sections made my comp have 2m lag spikes. and had to spawn one of the sections 5 times till i understood how past worked. over all the game crashed 37 times and i have a uniform symmetrical supper carrier. 1000 long 160 high and 237 wide. Its kind of a chubby ship. biggest ship iv ever built. going to take me a long time to build the inside. thanks jayman38.
    If your doing massive building you may want to consider setting up a second system if it is an option as a server host. Memory use can get hefty here is a tutorial from Mushroom Fleet for memory settings that has a pretty good explanation of the issues of balancing client, server, and system memory.