Ship balance/gravity

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, I'm a newb to this game and I really don't understand how the ship gravity works. I'm not talking about the modules you can place, but when landing on planets. As soon as I exit my ship, it literally turns on it's head, leaving the entrance in the back facing straight up in the air. Someone suggested I'd balanced my ship wrong, so I put all the guns, computers and power cores in the back of the ship but i keeps doing the same thing anyway. The only thing, other than hull, in the front of the ship is the ship core, but people on the server said it doesn't matter where you place the ship core.

So, does it? And if not, what the hell may I be doing wrong?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The hitbox detection and gravity physics in the game are still a bit wonky, its not your fault.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    For best results, build your ship so the core is around the centre bottom if you want \'balance\'

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks guys, I\'ll try rebuilding it. I\'ll ask another question here since it seems unnecessary to start another thread.

I bought a ship at one of the shops, and apparently there\'s already a faction module on it, preventing me from adding one, which means I have to find the existing one. Is there any way to find the module without manually looking through all the blocks? This bloody ship is 8 000 blocks big so.... :D