Ship auto pilot

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm sure you've all been on those long voyages to far off sectors of space, I'm sure you've been at 46,4,2 and all of a sudden, Your friend logs on. You've been waiting forever for him to come back, And, He messages you and says that he got killed, And needs you to pick him up at spawn. Now, You have to sit there and manually fly your ship for twenty or more minutes, Slowly following an icon pointing you to which direction you have to go, Until you finally arrive.

What if, You didn't have to do this? What if, You could just lay in your course, And go make a cup of tea? This is what I think would be a great idea, Auto pilot could be implimented in any way, You could have it part of the ship core by default, Or, You could make it a seperate block. Being that there is already a navgiation system that points you where to go, And there are already AIs and turrets which move ships, Aim, And fire.

I think it would be very easy to impliment an AI which just follows the navigation system that is already implimented, Turning ships by AI control is already there, So is aiming and firing. Pirates are AI controlled, And they can fly around, So, The code is already there, It just needs to be re-purposed. Thank you for all of your work, And please consider my suggestion!