Ship armor and armor Hp

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok so i did lots of read and am trying to make sure i understand this...

punch through effect
    When used defensively, Punch-Through will decrease the amount of damage that is transferred between blocks.
    Armor HP Deduction Bonus:
    Damage done to this structure consumes less armor HP. Put it in your weapon bar and activate it."

pierce effect
    Armor HP Absorption Bonus:
    More damage done to this structure is absorbed to the armor HP. Put it in your weapon bar and activate it."
    When used defensively, Piercing will increase your ships armor rating, decreasing the amount of damage each block takes. A very useful effect for when your ship's shields are down. The armor bonus adds up to each block armor, for instance, with the maximum bonus, a power reactor will have 15% armor instead of 0% and an advanced armor will have 90% armor instead of 75%. This effect is particularly effective on advanced armor (virtually a +150% health increase, i.e. you will have to deal 2.5 times the usual damage to take it down) and quite useless on system blocks (virtually a +17.5% health increase).

Basically The armor Works the same way it use to but now their is a extra layer of ARMOR HP........Pierce effect brings more of the damage from the blocks hp to the armor Hp pool

and Punch makes what damage hits the HP pool Do less.

But do these effects have their old defensive powers aswell?

Anyone good with maths to explain the limits as it would really seem using both of these effects and armor can make a really nice armor tank.

Not to mention when armor HP is all gone any renaming armor acts normal before the HP update