Shields seem to make no sense

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Shields are confusing. After looking through the forums i've gathered that you need enough power stored + power regen to compenste for shield power load, however in combat on servers and against pirates, whenever i take a hit, the shields immediatly regenerate without showing a single drop of power lost, and on top of this i don't have nowhere near enough power for my shields, however they work fine. Is this a glitch, or am i just a noob?

edit: I've raised my power load to higher than the shields, but i still get no power drain. And the shields work still. AGHHHHHHHHHH

Reaction score
    I got the same problem and have tried everything from updating drivers and java to using a different windows. but no solution at all.

I made a new ship, let power generators fill the storage, removed them and tried to drain it with shield blocks. The result was that the shields only drain the amount of e/s which equals the shieldregen/s.

I\'m still trying to find the actual cause and will post the results i find in here, but any help would really become helpful.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I see how you are confused but the regen is the max dps the shields can take because thats the limit that they can restore at a time while taking damage it isnt constant it just drains while being attacked, does that make sense?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The problem is that if you press r on a shield disperser it gives you some figures which have no relation to reality, and this is confusing people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So basically, the shield regen = power drained. so in otherwords, its hopelessly op.