[Shields] Power Drain Not As Expected

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My ship has a Power Regen from its capacitors of 32,997,340, and the Sheild power demand is 54,060,000.
    With this in mind i would expect that my capacitor is always empty as all available power is being sent to the shields, yet at the moment my power bar shows as "full", and my shield bar is "full".
    Is this a bug, or working as intended?

Reaction score
    Sheilds draw power to charge, when full the power drain ceases. Additionally, you power storage allows for occasional drain spikes beyond your regent rate, this is what allowed you to charge your sheilds innitially

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, i thought there was a constant power demand for shields.
    So it would be possible to eventually power 1000 shield blocks from 1 generator? (with no hope of powering the regeneration)

Reaction score
    No, and here\'s why.
    In order to charge 1 regent tick for your shields, your power regent and load must at least meet the cost of that 1shield regent cycle

Reaction score
    Alright, to my best understanding, here is how the shield system relates to your power system in regards to charging.
    1000 shield blocks would require 2million power to charge their shields up for 1cycle (currently that would net you 4000 sheild points for this example) each shield block has a maximum sheild capacity of 200, so in order to charge up your 1000 block shield, you\'d have to cycle your shields recharge rate 50,000 times, at the cost of 2million power per cycle. (Cycles are less than a second, not sure of the exacttiming, but its quick)
    Now, running on just 1 power block to power 1000 shields won\'t work because the minimum power required is that of 1 regent cycle for all your shield blocks combined. So in this case you would need a combined total of 2million power from both you total power storage, and youone cycle of your power regent combined. If they total less than this, you will be unable to charge your shields.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had a friend shoot my ship, trying to keep my in red shields.
    During this, my power showed me at 100% constantly, and it never dropped once for regenerating the shields.
    eventually he was able to breach my shields 100% of the time (it took a while for this to work though).
    The behavior of the shields makes me think that they did run out of power, as i do not generate enough to maintain shield regeneration pernamently. this woud explain why he penetrated me constantly eventually. (although not why my shields sstarted toregen and he still penetrated me 100% of the time at ~70% shield capacity)
    Are there any known issues iwth the UI, or does it take power output into consideration when drawing the UI?