Shields only absorb a Percentage of damage.

Reaction score
    What you are proposing right now would only give a resistance bonus to the hull blocks. But they already have one, so this idea effectively makes shields an extension of the armor value on blocks. This would remove the difference in function that shields have that adds to gameplay.

I wasn\'t referring to your numbers. I was extrapolating. The simple fact that you can build bigger and more powerful weapons would mean that any percentage of bleed-through could be exploited by a larger ship, to the detriment of all smaller ships. This would only change the scale on which gigantism is rampant in this game already.

TL;DR: Doesn\'t add unique gameplay to starmade, only degrades current issues. Do not want.

Reaction score
    Shields should be yes no deal. If theres a certain weapon that penetrates shields, it should be a specific weapon. Like mines.

But outside of stuff like that, shields should take all damage until taken down.

Reaction score
    I do not want this before you can repair a ship via blueprint at a shop!

As long as they implement the features in the right order I am okay with it.

First: Repair ship using blueprint.

Second, absolutely not before first: Partial shield breakthrough,

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Here is an idea I had that incorporates the OP

So first off hulls use hull armor absorption

Second, hulls are fully affected by shields (shields absorb 100% damage is shield block is shot)

And thirdly, if any block besides hull (or plexdoor) is hit, shields only absorb a percentage of damage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s far easier for a capital to cover itself in hull than a fighter. While weak points are interesting, it would be better if shields took more damage if hit at a non-hull block.

Reaction score
    After thinking a bit, I realized that explosives have an intrinsic advantage agains shields because they apply their damage spread over a number of blocks, and since a minimum of 1 damage gets through per hit, they do more damage overall.

Perhaps if some sort of penetrating weapon was added?