Shields not working

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sometimes when in combat with pirates (not turrets) ships my ships hull takes damage even though my shields are still up. Most of the time they never even drop past half yet im still taking damage do they negate some percentege of damage or is this indeed a bug?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im wondering if it has anything to do with attached ships because it always seems to happen on vessels with turret (cant confirm jsut speculation) Ill try fighting some pirates without turrets and see

Reaction score
    This happened to me a lot back when i piloted a small frigate. it also happened a few times in my brand new battleship i\'ve only seen the Shields down! alert like 3 times ever. and yet i\'ve had to fix my ship\'s hull all the time.it hasn\'t happened to me recently so not sure what\'s different.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also get this problem; I don\'t have any turrets on my ship, and this ONLY happens when I fight pirate ships, not pirate turrets.

I\'ve noticed you will take somedamage through your shields if they\'re nearly depleted (As in the shieldhit effect shows up red)...but yeah this happens even when my shields are filled.

Reaction score
    I just tested it on my station in progress. The shields were still blue but blocks were disappearing. There aren\'t any turrets on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    From my experience it is just missles that get through when shields are still up. I have talked about it in chat a few times and they all said that it is suposed to hapen, something along the lines of damage to your ship = Damage dealt - Sheilds charge (i think) - Shields power - Armour. I forgot the major details, but that is close enough. someone will probably correct me, but you get the idea.

Reaction score
    So i just realized something my battleship didn\'t always have turrets on it, i haven\'t seen this bug SINCE i put turrets on my battleship. so im not sure whats up with that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    same problem for me, but i took no explosive damage. AntiMatter just goes right through my shields, which makes it a huge pain to go over massive ships after every fight to rebuild.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It did happen to me a few times as well. Sometimes I even considered it a feature as I believed that area-of-effect missiles should not be stopped completely just with shields and blastwave should go a bit further than that. But yes, it\'s apparently a bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah its happening with and out without turrets idk about missles, Its always against pirates that I have the problem but only from the ships. I can attest that no pirate turret has ever done this to me but those ships seem to ignore my 1200 shield regen and punch right on through luckly I run a heavy armord ship so its mostly the first layer that gets scraped off. Which is funny because I have a buddy on the same server who flys a ship with no hull and exclusivly shields he never has this issue... I have to say I am quite envious.

Reaction score
    Yeah I\'ve had this happen a lot... they always seem to take out my weapon system too.. wish there was a way to have multiple weapon systems all linked to the same cannons

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It\'s because your shield generators are not getting enough power. It says that they\'re regenerating at a certain rate but that\'s if and only if you have the power to sustain it. Otherwise it regenerates at a fraction of the displayed rate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This has not hapened to me since the last update, so it was probably fixed!

Also Comrade, if shields didn\'t drop below half then that is not the problem.

Reaction score
    What? There is no redundency ability, all that would do would force me to split my weapons between multiple keys and only fire a few at a time... Why not just fix the bug, or make it a feature that works for players as well as the pirates.

Reaction score
    I just had it happen with full shields, and full power. Few shots from pirates went right through. So not fixed :(

Reaction score
    Just had it happen to me, so its still bugged. Was at full power, full shields and a few shots went right through