Shield supply modules

Reaction score
    Hi !

I came here for a question about shield supply and docked entities. I was thinking about shield regeneration and docked entities when came this idea. If I shoot at a ship, would the regeneration of the docked entities be lowered as it would be ? If not it would be an amazing tool for large ships to get modules with supply beams to get a decent shield regeneration. And maybe broken too.
    So I tried this tonight, and it looks like this is it ! But not sure if i'm right or not. Display modules tend to be crazy on display with docked entities. So that's why I'm here.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Are you talking about using docked reactors for shields aswell as power? if so, people are already doing this to get past many issues. welcome to starmade engineering :P

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    People have Docked Shield Reactors on larger ships so this wouldn't be too broken unless you came up with a way of protecting the shield reactors as long as possible in some huge number but you need to keep the regen on the docked entities higher than the drain of the beams for it to work.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    This thread has been sitting here a while and I feel like I have to say this incase someone ends up wasting a crapton of time. Docked shield reactors will not give you a better shield recharge than just placeing them on the ship, if your ship is shot then your shield reactors will also be effected by the regen debuff. I'm not saying they are worthless I'm just saying please don't think they are some magical way to get around combat regen because anyone who thinks that is just going to waste themselves a lot of time.

Reactions: nightrune

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This thread has been sitting here a while and I feel like I have to say this incase someone ends up wasting a crapton of time. Docked shield reactors will not give you a better shield recharge than just placeing them on the ship, if your ship is shot then your shield reactors will also be effected by the regen debuff. I'm not saying they are worthless I'm just saying please don't think they are some magical way to get around combat regen because anyone who thinks that is just going to waste themselves a lot of time.
    awww. You get past the shields down time out though, don't you?