Shield Recharge Power Consumption

Reaction score
    I think we all know that shields have been massively buffed in 0.15 and so has there power consumption. My 8.5 million shield Capitol now has 54 Million Shields and 600000 Shield recharge. Now it cannot sustain its own shield system (bear in mind it has 28 million e/s and 10 billion capacity). Shield recharge needs to take much less power at least 10 times as much as it now does. It completely reduces my ships and many others like it, chances in battle. After about 20 seconds of continues fire from ISANTHS it cannot power its weapons or even move, it is a sitting duck. So here is my request please, please ,please make shield recharge take less power, it is affecting my game play and most of the community.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Are you up to date with the lastest patch? The last one goes a fair way towards fixing this.

Reaction score
    The game is still in alpha, so changes were bount to happen. Therefore has been always a chance, that already existing units are affected negatively by some of those changes.

0.15 added a lot of different weapon types, defences and even additinal moving abbilities. And the weapons alone need much more place than before. So naturally the shield values per block had to be increased to compensate for all that stuff that now fills up your hulls.
    I have to admit, it feels regrettable to have older ships practically useles, but it wasn't completely unexpected.

Besides, as far as i know the new system is still not fully balanced and you can also edit the block values in your confic (at least i think those options are located in there, my memory isn't that good with details).
    Best, you first experiment a bit with the designs and values.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Rip some shields out to make place for some of those awesome new master/slave/effect systems.

Reaction score
    I agree with Lecic but really the weapons need to be rebalanced more than the shields. Current weapons now are toys against the new shields.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    That was intended but seriously if I gut my ship of shields to make way for some weapons and power then I will be useless against other ships who have kept there shields.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    That was intended but seriously if I gut my ship of shields to make way for some weapons and power then I will be useless against other ships who have kept there shields.
    Unless they had huge amounts of left over power beforehand, they'll also be low on power and replacing some of their shields, too.