SHIELD COLOR NOT CHANGING???

Reaction score
    I am unsure why but for some reason after the 0.09378: Fixes, shield balance & new admin tools update, my when I or someone else's shield takes damage "I" see red instead of blue! And even though the shield is on max, it shows as red, instead of changing from blue to red as it's health goes down. And it is not just my ship, it is on all shields or anything that has a shield and takes damage.

The weirder part is my friends and other players on my server see it like it should be! Blue to Red based off damage!!!

Is there a setting in the options that may have been turned off in the update? (I checked and only saw the shield one that changes if you see, or dont see the shield animation at all, and it is on.)

Or is this a known bug that can be fixed?

HELP PLEASE!

Reaction score
    Its all you buddy. You are the only one. we all laugh at your misfortune. You are all alone.

Reaction score
    I have a similar issue as well, though I just assumed everyone was just ignoring it like I was.

Reaction score
    Shield hits show blue, but slowly turn red when it\'s starting to break off. For statistics, what graphics cards do you have? (Something like shields are propably strictly shader tech. Having old cards might have limited shader scripting features.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been having the same problem ever since that update. I\'ve also heard the same complaint from other players. Hopefully it will be fixed sometime soon.

Reaction score
    It worked before the update I specified in the description, and my computer is an Alienware M14x so Its fairly new.

It has two Graphic Cards built into it:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

and

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Reaction score
    My friend\'s is working just fine, hes sees it turn blue to red. I think it just does not work on some computers, because I have reinstalled the game serveral times and it does not fix it.

Reaction score
    Hey guys, thought i\'d actually be helpful :)

I had this problem on my laptop using a HD4000 Chip and a Nvidia GT630M

The issue is that the machine is using the onboard graphics (HD4000) the simplest way to fix this is to force the program to use the More powerful card (GT630M) to do this simply right click on the shortcut to start the game and choose \"Run with graphics processor\" then choose the \"high-performance\" option. in this menu you can also choose to set the high performance option as the Default chip to use. :) hope this helped! fixed the problem for me and the game ran much more smoothly :)

i\'ve not encountered this on a machine without 2 chips so if you still have the error and you only have 1 graphics chip then its a different error and i suggest putting your machine in high performance power mode or adjusting your media settings for performance :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i\'ve only got one graphics card and it still happens to me but nosen\'t happen to my brothers older pc.