Shield blocks

Reaction score
    Hello

After spending a large amount of time building a huge ship I found that it had no shields, I had used hundreds of shield capacitors and had plenty of power and shield rechargers but the blocks created no shield effect at all.
    I was using the giveid command to get the blocks and suspected that this might be the problem but blocks I purchased had no effect either. Even on a small ship they just aren't working anymore.
    I am out of ideas?

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
    That's bizzare, I've never heard of this issue at all...restarting doesn't change it either right?

Save the ship and redownload. That usually solves a good 70% of issues, which version are you using?

Reaction score
    No restarting didnt help, I believe I have the current version vo.1867. Its like the shield blocks aren't even connected to the ship, Even a shot with the pistol causes damage even with thousands of the shield capacitors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make sure you definitely have enough power and shield generator blocks. As you add more shield generators, it uses more energy per tick, maybe you've gone over 50k per tick and need to add some power storage?

Reaction score
    I'm having the same issue. Running the latest build. I thought maybe power could be causing this but even removing all shield blocks save 1 doesn't fix the issue, still no shields with only 1 shield block, 150 power blocks, and 100 power storage blocks.

Admin load of the ship doesn't fix the issue.

Any other ideas on what could be causing this? I'm thinking it's a bug and not a ship building issue.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You do need Shield Capacitors - Shield Rechargers - Energy.

Energy Tanks (Storage for Energy) doesnt help with shield charging.

Reaction score
    You do need Shield Capacitors - Shield Rechargers - Energy.

Energy Tanks (Storage for Energy) doesnt help with shield charging.
    Yep, you were right, must have misread or misunderstood that those were needed in addition to power. I'm guessing they weren't previously required based on the tutorials I've seen?

Thanks though, was racking my brain trying to figure out what was wrong, never dreamed it could be that easy!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    then you have seen quite old tutorials ;)

Yes the shield system got split into capacitor and recharger some time ago.

Sadly the tutorials on Youtube are not that clearly labelt with game version or marked as outdated when they are no loger relevant.