Shield block lag

Reaction score
    Reaction score
    Cross-linked this to a new issue created about this.

Bug 232#: Functional blocks placed in larger scales are really CPU intensive

There were improvements, but not enough and this should be addressed before release I think.

'watch' the issue in the tracker, to get immediate updates about it. =)

- Andy
    So I looked at the link you sent to us, and it said the issue is fixed on the page, so I downloaded the latest developer build but the problem occurs. And now my ship doesn't have enough power regen to power the shields. )': If someone can tell me if this CPU issue will get fixed next update and when the update will be released, I'll be happy.

(EDIT): I've tested the latest developer build again, and now I can actually place blocks! It works! The only problem I have encountered so far, is placing more shield blocks still causes lag. I'm not sure if it's because I have so many in my ship, (600x125x300) in the shape of a Star destroyer, interior just filled with shield blocks. Or it could just be the shields powering up and down constantly because I don't have enough power.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So I looked at the link you sent to us, and it said the issue is fixed on the page, so I downloaded the latest developer build but the problem occurs. And now my ship doesn't have enough power regen to power the shields. )': If someone can tell me if this CPU issue will get fixed next update and when the update will be released, I'll be happy.

(EDIT): I've tested the latest developer build again, and now I can actually place blocks! It works! The only problem I have encountered so far, is placing more shield blocks still causes lag. I'm not sure if it's because I have so many in my ship, (600x125x300) in the shape of a Star destroyer, interior just filled with shield blocks. Or it could just be the shields powering up and down constantly because I don't have enough power.
    Power isn't the problem, my ship generates 17 million e/sec and has a capacity of 120 million energy, shield power reqs cant put a dent in that, and the shield still empties and recharges everytime i place a new block, it's weird because that never happened at lower shield block amounts.

Reaction score
    Power isn't the problem, my ship generates 17 million e/sec and has a capacity of 120 million energy, shield power reqs cant put a dent in that, and the shield still empties and recharges everytime i place a new block, it's weird because that never happened at lower shield block amounts.
    Whoaw whoaw whaow.... 17 million e/sec??? How? I've been placing power blocks in a X sort of shape all over my ship, and only manage to get 2.8 million.

Reaction score
    Whoaw whoaw whaow.... 17 million e/sec??? How? I've been placing power blocks in a X sort of shape all over my ship, and only manage to get 2.8 million.
    Well pattern placements of regen only matter till 1 million regen, after that it only gives you a set number of power. so after you hit a million regen you may as well just put them in giant 10x10x10 blocks.

Reaction score
    Well pattern placements of regen only matter till 1 million regen, after that it only gives you a set number of power. so after you hit a million regen you may as well just put them in giant 10x10x10 blocks.
    I didn't know that, where did you get this information from?
    But anyway, I probably shouldn't be talking about this in this thread. So let's just end this discussion here.

Last edited: