Share your Major F*%# Ups in StarMade

Reaction score
    So, i was testing out my ships using admin commands, right, i was changing sector and stuff, then i saved my ships design when i got back to the store.

I respawned my ships' design after losing it and guess what, the ship accidentally got in a pirates clutches before i saved it, there were holes everywhere, and there wasn't enough left of the ship to restore it.

i lost 4+ hours of work

So, any major F ups on your guys part?, share with us, we sympathise. any screenshots to emphasize the accident would be appreciated also.

Reaction score
    In the server setting you can set the speed so you do not lose it over time. I like this, its much more realistic and its a sort of autopilot.

What I didn\'t like was being flung to the back of my ship, then glitching out of the back and watching my ship turn into a small dot as it flew at 1000KM/h away from me.

Then building a huge planet up then forgetting to set coordinates. I lost EVERYTHING I had in the game, I was lost in space with nothing but 3 pieces of red hull and a gun. I also forgot to catalouge the ship I\'d lost.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Didn\'t faction anything but the base. I was new to the game, and wondered what the \"Set neutral to hostile\" function did, and lost all the ships I had.

Reaction score
    Okay, so lets spend a month on a detailed capital ship>

*month later*

Finally it is done ;D

Wait...
    What...

Why is it upside down?

*sigh*

Deletes ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Tried to create a large war to screenshot between pirates and traders. Spawned the pirates in first with what i thought was a fighter.

It wasn\'t.

There were 35 pirate capital ships screaming AMC hell at me.

I died a horrible death, once I returned to the sector, all the pirates had left. So now there is a large group of capital ship pirates roaming my universe.

Reaction score
    I put down some serious time on building a faction base. I was really overjoyed over the result and in awe of the spontanious, unplanned design i came up with.

Then the admin guy made a server reset.

(\"Fun\" thing: they made yet another sudden server reset just a little while later, when they decided to change host from SMProhosting to Jestservers.com. And with that i said goodbye.)

My \"fuck up\" was in trusting a couple of admins with being considerate.

Reaction score
    Oh my god, this so much. I had made an ugly but powerful capital ship, saved it then reset my universe. Suddenly, ugly capitals sent to my planet base.

Reaction score
    A while back, it was standard practice for me to use the missile turret on top of my home base for target practice. this was safe, as any shots would simply kick up a flag stating that the home base was indestructible. then i decided to test my missiles...

The 16-block high tower the turret was sitting on was vaporized, and about one third of the module it was sitting on ceased to be. By some miracle of nature, the turret survived. itdid go missing at a later date, pirates probably made off with it. But after that, I began to spawn in a random ship to test my cannons on.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    I was building this awesome capital ship and other ships. My mistake was I built them backwards. I only noticed after my brother asked why the guns were shooting backwards. :D

Reaction score
    I was working on a project of mine, and started doing some awsome detailing but forgot to add any shields it had plenty of power but not a single ounce of shielding needless to say....bigest blunder...so far

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Building the carrier, got awesome stuff like escape pods and so on... new patch comes in, completely destroys whole ship. Fuck this shit, I\'m out of this, not playing anymore.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Was trying to get a good dis-integrator recipe, made a 5k block of dis-integrators and started to try getting a decent recipe. A few hours later, I\'m roaming around, and I spot a pirate base. I head over, and at the last second I notice a huge orb of dis-integrators floating near it. I smash into it at full speed, and my ship is ripped to shreds. Apparently my friends thought it would be hilarious to enable the explosive block as AI usable on our server.

Reaction score
    *Docks every turret to my ship*

Okay now lets-

Why are the turrets shooting backwards...

*realises all the AMC\'s and computer is backwards*

OHH COME ON!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I added weapons to my carrier, behind the hangar bay...

all of a sudden whenever I shot pirates, cores started overheating all over the ship. My friends wern\'t too happy when making there way across the hangar to the shuttles and got blasted to hell.

Reaction score
    Uhm...I\'ve been working on an experimental ship for about 5 hours. I also created turrets for it and I wanted to try those out.

So I spawned about 20 pirates...1. failure: I gave them my best fighters which I created just all about attack damage. 2nd: I added shields on the turrets BUT the ship itself was just a hull with docks sooo...yeah the turrets managed to kill all pirates, but first those destroyed about 90% of my ships hull so I finally gave it up and I will NEVER test a ship before it\'s completely finished ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was on my server with a couple of my friends, and I set up an event.

I spent 12 hours the previous day building 4 different pirate models for it... but... I think I may have gotten carried away.....

I changed up the blueprints so that the pirates would use the new ships, then I set up an AI controlled fleet of my own ships and my pal\'s ships using spawned shop/money.

When all my friends chose what ship they wanted, I spawned at least 20 squads.....

My team, including AI, was about 30 turrets, and 10 ships...

Them? Over 100 ships that were so souped up that they outdid my own.... ;_;

Only thing I can say here is.... there was nothing left...

Reaction score
    1. Taking a break after reaching 913k blocks on my battleship. I did not save it in the catalog.
    The game decided to mess it up and I had to build 100k blocks over again.
    I save the ship EVERY time I go offline.

2. Saved the Spirit of Fire in Catalog and in the default folder + the blueprint folder(Newbie times), pirates were all of a sudden super dangerous and I rage quitted singleplayer.

3. Went roaming on an official server with my planetcracker(Big ship with lots of lots of salvage lazers) trusting that my internet would stay stable for once. No, I lost the ship and 600k blocks of different materials.

4. Pressing C with a 500 meter long ship close to my shipyard with 15 other vehicles close.
    I expanded my shipyard with a few kilometers in all directions that way.

5. Again flying my new 765 meter long ship not realising how big it is, flying close to the shipyard messing up and sending ships in all directions again. Just because I wanted to get close to a shop.

I like sharing these experiences with the community, its fun :>

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    On a pvp server, me and another guy were scouting out a lone-wolf, hostile-to-everyone faction that had a dreadnaught with massive turrets. We go in with stealth ships. The other guy, who is out of his ship but also out of the line of fire, moves into the line of fire and gets blasted. I stick around. Then the jamming on my ship decided to crap out for a split second. No more ship, no more astronaut.

Reaction score
    So, yesterday i came back to the game after taking some time off due to being busy. I decided to build a Medium sized missile ship that focused... Obviously on just missiles. I decided i\'d not give it any turrets because my idea was that anyone flying it would be in a fleet of several ships for protection and my ship would then target cap ships and stations.

Well after spending about 5 hours building it. I decided to try it out on a pirate station. I wanted to see how badly my missiles could damage the station. well it turns out as i got closer to the pirate station i forgot to add shields. So the first two pirate turrets tore straight into my rather flawed design and killed me.

I am now currently rebuilding the design but adding precautions and uhh... needless to say... SHIELDS ha.

ThisIsOneCrazyMonkey