Shadowulf Industrial

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am a realitively new player (game downloaded December 2014) and have been messing around with ship building lately. My current output of ships is about 1 ship a week, if we're talking frigate class and below. Here are my specs on ship classes

Fighter: Mass=30 or less

Frigate: Mass=31-150

Cruiser/Transport Salvager:Mass=151-600

BattleCruiser:Mass=601-3000

Anything bigger is a Massive-Class and i will specify type/class.

So far, I have not finished any station i have started, i have 2 currently being worked on.

One is designed as a fighter/frigate holder and is made of almost purely crystal armor (i'm going for the Jellyfish in Space look)

The other is my pride and joy (which is why it's going so slow, it's MASSIVE in scope) and features a habitable ring around a 300 diameter stargate.

As I finish ships or reach a stage where I run out of ideas, I will post pictures. I am open to suggestions about design, but what I'm looking for mostly is integral systems help I.E. best power generation/shield/weapon configuration. So far I have uploaded none of these ships to the website, but if here they're received well I will consider doing that.Any help is appreciated and welcome, especially if pictures, and/or videos are shown
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429457580,1429456366][/DOUBLEPOST]Ship: Obvious Malevolence
    Class: Massive Battlecruiser
    Mass:6092.1 and counting
    Power: 15888940.3 Regen: 602163.8e/sec
    current thrust is not worth noting, as I only have a few thrusters in for turning the ship
    Current Weapons: 2 Broadside Beam Cannon Arrays with 7000 modules per array.
    Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 6.49.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 6.50.57 AM.png
    I think you can guess the Broadside Beam arrays location, but if not, its the circle with Ice Crystals. Currently there are no secondary/tertiary effects added, and it does 100K damage per shot. Weapons testing so far has been limited, but using the popular Krom's Salvager as a target, my ship took down the core within five minutes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429458777][/DOUBLEPOST]Ship: Dragon Fang
    Class: Salvager/early game
    Mass: 384.6
    Power: 298558.6 Regen: 13795.3 e/sec
    Thrust 629.8
    Shields: 15085 Regen: 825 s/sec
    Weapons: 4 minor AMC's, and 40 salvage beams.
    Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 9.37.07 AM.png
    Its my first design, built completely in survival. Nice salvager, easily modified.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    *Update
    I have recently been accepted to the Nova Fleet Dynamics Server, and will build there exclusively after The Obvious Malevolence is complete.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429667341,1429667190][/DOUBLEPOST]the pirate upgrade fleet
    Amount: 2 fighters, 1 frigate
    Pics of frigate
    Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 7.06.19 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 7.06.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 7.07.09 AM.png
    pictures of fighters to follow
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429668080][/DOUBLEPOST]fighter 1 has AMC's so isn't really a threat
    Fighter 2 has beams so hits EVERYWHERE and sometimes your ship. power is stable on all three ships Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 7.55.36 PM.png
    fighter 2
    fighter 1 Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 7.56.17 PM.png

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Update

I've decided my next ship design. It will be a transport/salvager/aesthetic-logic build. It'll be a first for me, so any suggestions. I'm thinking solar sails.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    *UPDATE* My solar sailed is done, but its hideous, so it remains a WIP.

On another note, the Obvious Malevolence is now on the Nova Fleet Server. With the ship, now the beam arrays don't fire, even though the power draw registers. I need help with that. Also, I'm installing the hangar, finished part of the forward hull, and am scheming things for the rail update.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Update: I haven't been on as much as I like, as my wife and job are demanding more of my time. The Obvious Malevolence is getting a pair of hangars, and I am helping jorgekorke build a racetrack, and am currently designing a cruiser (250x125 is my current estimate in size) and a stealth ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ok, today i got quite a bit done. first of all, thanks to Peekie30 for its two new reactor clusters. also, i have integrated logic to both the hangar doors. power regen is up to 1110685e/sec and i am going to be replacing the broadside ion beams to ion missiles. also i quickly created a perma jam/stealth ship for it to carry. next are navigation lights and hangar moving docks and fighters/corvette.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    *Update
    I've been messing around with rails, so ship progress has been slow. but now, i present TWO new ships!!!
    the first is a fighter, part of my new fleet, all based around this design, scaling up of course
    I present the Fleet 51 Fighter V1!!!
    starmade-screenshot-0001 (2).png starmade-screenshot-0002 (2).png
    this fighter is also my very first ship to be uploaded to the community content section. Download link http://starmadedock.net/content/flight-51-fighter.2798/

Also, i present the Diplomatic Shuttle, a small but lovely ship designed to ferry around VIP's quickly. howeer its only defense is running, so be careful........ Diplomatic shuttle.png Diplomatic shuttle view 2.png

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sorry about not updating sooner. The Obvious Malevolence has been put on hold due to the vast amounts of updates it needs. I may return to it once I figure out my current projects. They are torpedo launchers/mags and other logic powered stuff.

On another note, my absence was caused by getting married. I've been back off and on since mid-September, but now I will actually be building again. Most WIPs I have will unfortunately be sidelined as I work on two large projects.