SGU - warp gates

Reaction score
    In "Stargate" regardless of wether atlantis, sg1 or so on you can choose a destination with warpgates from a small warp -gate-computer. I really think that with the update of the teleporters that use the same system: who active teleporters in range on a list, where you can choose a destination and click activate, it would be added to warpgates too, but i was better informed...
    What I want is that you can build a warpgate with a computer. first the computer then the modules like yet/now. but when you want to use your warpgate, you have to activate it manually within the controll room of your station whrer the warpgate is. If a destination is set (not the same place) you can activate it in the warpgate computer oder via logic (activation module). it open the wormhole for example 1minute before it shut down. during this time you can jump back. but after that the warpgate have a cooldown. it depends on modules as energy cap and reg. after the cooldown the energy consumation is against zero if nothing else like shields use energy.
    And the warpgate need a greater reach. you have to jump via warpgate 1sol system.
    also you can choose a warpgate as repeater (manually inside the computer adjustable). than you can jump from a to c without go to b (a->b->c) , but you cant warp with a warpgate in repeat function... these are my ideas for warpgates that have to changed/added. i hope you find my thread interesting...

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    you can build this right now, if you use a bit of kluge.

have your DHD next to the warpgate, with a warpgate computer for every destination, then it's just a mater of c(computer) -> shift+v(warp ring) to set it to the destination.
    Or, keep a chest full of pre-loaded marker-beams next to it. That works too.

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    but this is complicated. also whe need a revision of warpgates that they are not depending on the ships core but transfer the z -axis. if you fly with a ship of 100meter in the warpgate for example it first register the maximul lenght (here 100meters). than when you`r first meter was flyed behind the event horizon it copy 1m of your ship z-axis into the cache of the warpgate. in this sector it looks like it is unloaded, because it is in antoher sector. when you are for example in the middle of the ship the first 50meters are in you destination sector with you and the other 50m are on the other side (where you start to fly through). you also can navigate your ship normaly, but dont forget that you have to complete fly through the warpate. the warpgate has a backup. if you fly through the warpagte your ship was scanned first (lenght z) and keep the warpgate running without shutting down while the half of the ship is in another sector. if your game crash you and your ship are completly on the start with your last destination on the ship. if you go through the warpgate without a ship it doesen`t affect you because you are only 1 block long, but 2m high. Also a warpgate need a visual texture. not the modules but when it is active the event horizon becomes bigger and in my opinion like in star gate a blue liquid, but they can be painted with colourfull light. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Sg1stargatefront.jpg

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    you can build this right now, if you use a bit of kluge.

have your DHD next to the warpgate, with a warpgate computer for every destination, then it's just a mater of c(computer) -> shift+v(warp ring) to set it to the destination.
    Or, keep a chest full of pre-loaded marker-beams next to it. That works too.
    O shit didn't think of the multiple warp gate computers with shift V, gonna do that next homebase then!

Reaction score
    or you need an ectra block: the warp gate terminal... first you build your warpgate normally like the others (warp gate computer c - modules v).
    Than you connect the terminal with the warpgatecomputer... . it shows all warpgates in range and you can choose a destianation.