SFIS - 2-4-1c -Irkutsk- (WIP)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Starmade community!
    I've purchased SM over 2 years ago, but most of the time I was just messing around with mechanics and not building actual ships. This will be my first submission to the shipyard.

I am proud to present to you SFIS - 2-4-1c -Irkutsk-! [eer-KOO-tsk]

This is a cruiser-size salvager. It is not quite a planet eater, but you could do some serious damage with this thing. That said, this ship does not have any weapons apart from a salvage-cannon combo. It does, however, have a jump drive that can be charged in under 10 seconds and just under 98k shields to retreat from pirates and other hostiles if the need arises. It has 2 USD Type-1 modules. It also has 18k cargo volume. Interior is WIP.

The reason I publish this ship as a WIP is that, because it is my first [serious] build, I want to hear your feedback on two things:
    • Exterior - I will probably work on the exterior more, but I'd love to hear what you guys (and gals) think of it as it is now.
    • Thrusters - I have included 2 screenshots of thrusters - one with bloom ON (the nice-looking one) and with bloom OFF (the ugly one). I'd like to know whether you guys (and gals) prefer to play with bloom off or on so I can adjust the build accordingly.
    That does not mean I won't accept any critique beyond that - any feedback is welcome!
    I will post updates of this ship as I continue to work on it. I will leave a link to the blueprint after I complete the build.

Last edited:

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Those engines... *terminator voice* your lighting settings, give them too me!

Reactions: nightrune

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    that is a gorgeous ship :)
    It takes a special level talent to make a ship look that good. I can't wait to see the Interior.
    I also agree with Ithirahad, You should add some AMS turrets. Normally I might say don't do it because they might take away from the aesthetic of the ship, but given how well you did the ship, I literally can't wait to see what your AMS turrets will look like.

Keep up the good work :)

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    might I suggest you try using different types of hull
    you can use the same colours, but each colour has three different hull types and they have slightly differing shades and textures, thus making for some very intricate textural detailing.
    might I suggest you use standard hull to smooth areas, advanced armour for making rough darker areas (or breaking up panels) and you can use hull for the rest of the ship, but using the other hull types to break it up.

and this ship is AMAZING

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    it looks great as it is no need for turrets , that's what support ships are for , it leaves more room for the salvaging systems , don't forget to leave storage room onboard.m2c

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been thinking about adding a turret or two, but I decided to keep this ship purely defensive. I might slap an AMS turrent on it though. Also, the interior won't be too complicated (a corridor leading from both USD's to the core, 2 rail-based elevators and a cargo bay on the second floor is what I'm currently working on), so don't expect too much from it xD

Last edited:
    Reactions: ASM