Sexier jump drives - and turning effect computers into drives.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Something like... the link drive from Sky Nations. Yeah, here's a picture.

Isn't that sexy? I mean... IT'S FLOATING! On a pad thing!

The jump drive computer would look summin' like that.

So would the effect computers.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm going to go and make a counterpoint, I think we should probably let the devs work on the actual game play changes before adding in minor (and resource heavy) graphical changes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I get where your coming from, on a suggestions standpoint, so I'm not saying your concept is a bad thing. but, I have to sorta agree with the above statement.

OK I'm gonna go ahead and get in my view about Sky Nations ahead of time so you understand where this is coming from. the developer which runs Sky nations has a similar but not at all the same style which scheema uses to make their respective games. but the guy that does Sky Nations, Scott, has some very poor views about player interactions. he feels that FAIR PVP is strictly between the players involved, and thus rules are for care bears. likewise his game is full of griefing players that do not stop for reporting bugs, or hacking investigations, and he also provides absolutely no way to stop them. this proves he was a game developer, about as good as a really bad scientist, he has the title but doesn't have passion enough to address problems.

well, this made me leave his game and I have not even once looked back since. I didn't leave due to a bad incident, something did happen, but it wasn't it that made me leave. it was the way it wasn't handled. nothing was done to keep me there, and I gave up waiting. he showed he had no passion, thus I lost mine for his game.

Reactions: wolfboyft
    Reaction score
    I get where your coming from, on a suggestions standpoint, so I'm not saying your concept is a bad thing. but, I have to sorta agree with the above statement.

OK I'm gonna go ahead and get in my view about Sky Nations ahead of time so you understand where this is coming from. the developer which runs Sky nations has a similar but not at all the same style which scheema uses to make their respective games. but the guy that does Sky Nations, Scott, has some very poor views about player interactions. he feels that FAIR PVP is strictly between the players involved, and thus rules are for care bears. likewise his game is full of griefing players that do not stop for reporting bugs, or hacking investigations, and he also provides absolutely no way to stop them. this proves he was a game developer, about as good as a really bad scientist, he has the title but doesn't have passion enough to address problems.

well, this made me leave his game and I have not even once looked back since. I didn't leave due to a bad incident, something did happen, but it wasn't it that made me leave. it was the way it wasn't handled. nothing was done to keep me there, and I gave up waiting. he showed he had no passion, thus I lost mine for his game.
    Yeah, he said "This is no serious problem, names are a proper noun and thus always have a capital letter in front" when I asked if he could make it so that in chat for Sky Nations, it would say wolfboyft and not Wolfboyft. Something like that, yesh, no passion! I say!

Anyway, but don't you love the super-sexy link drives from Sky Nations, however?[DOUBLEPOST=1412183928,1412183883][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm going to go and make a counterpoint, I think we should probably let the devs work on the actual game play changes before adding in minor (and resource heavy) graphical changes.

TBH, It ain't that minor. Would you like a computer called drive, or a very nice looking, floating, spinning drive?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    TBH, It ain't that minor. Would you like a computer called drive, or a very nice looking, floating, spinning drive?
    Sorry to be blunt wolfboy, but it is that minor. Let me put this in perspective, you are asking for one model change for a block, which isn't even used by everyone, in a game where 90% of the entities are also blocks. The dev team is currently in the process of creating, literally, an entire. endless. universe. And they're trying to make it so it all runs smoothly and well together, so I understand that you see it as a quick change, and to be honest it wouldn't take long to do, but things like this are likely so far back on the back burner that they aren't even considered at this point, which they honestly don't need to be. Game development goes roughly like this build engine first, then core systems, refine those systems, add additional content, then polish content. No need to polish a car that isn't even completely built yet.

In addition though, if your ship is large enough, why not just build a floating "engine" or computer or whatever, and put your computer in that? Then you can have a big floating jump drive computer, which you created yourself, completely unique.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Eh, looks kind of weird, honestly. It's just a floating object.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hopefully, if we get some sort of motor block in-game, we'll be able to recreate a floating, rotating object, albeit on a larger scale.
    (Instead of a single block, such a device would be roughly 3x3x5 blocks big, floating in an area that is 5x5x7 or bigger.)

I like big machinery, so I wouldn't mind the larger scale at all.

Reaction score
    What even is that? I can think of no reason why I would want that on my ship. I'd rather have a warp core room that I've designed myself than some poxy little rotating... shape.