Servers and tagging in

Reaction score
    Well here goes:
    i have been playing on my own server for a wile in the little free time i have, next to running my company
    and i see a little issue in the way i need tag in to them and probably a solution.
    This is to possebly attract new players aswell Course i had to explain everything to experienced minecraft players how the game starter worked when i invited them to try the game.

what i miss is structured user (read: new player) friendlyness in getting logged into external servers of the game itself.
    When u start the program people should see what they need/just wanna to see but what they get to see is a list of option wich isnt layed out "nice"

1st screen should show login options and a play unregistered button with a button linked to the EULA in a corner

Then there should be 4 buttons wich say the things they just wanna see
    1: Single player => gets u to 1a and 1b
    2: Multi player => gets u to 2a and 2b
    3: Options => gets you to the options list
    4: Start your own dedicated server

1a: Start at last saved location => Speaks for it self
    1b: Start a new game => erases the last savegame warning Y/N ?

2a: Choose from these servers => previous inserted IP/url saves list
    2b: Insert a new IP/servername => spreaks fot its self
    2c: (future option) List of servers from starmade it self via a register on the forum ???

This is prolly full of typo's and subject to change from input by the community
    i like to hear from you out there.
    well i hope u like this more user friendly sugguestion
    Petrus

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I pretty much think that the launcher and startup dialog will be improved at least when we're out of alpha.

Reaction score
    well AFAIK they were wurried about the declining player base wich can give/generate funds for this game to advance
    its a balance of player base increasement <=> game improvement they need to be tended just as equal dont you think ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah eventually the launcher will probably be intergrated into the same screen as the main game