[Server] /version command

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Unless I am mistaken the server does not have a version check while running. It'd be a nice feature to have /version that dumps currevent vs. latest to the screen. To expand the idea further there could also be a /version_diff that lists the change log.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So you have a news feed/GUI on your terminal based EC2 instance? ... or SSH session.

I see the command for server farms or people that can automate updating of a server:

as_user \"screen -p 0 -S staremade -X eval \'stuff \\\"/version > serverstatus.log \\\"\\015\'\"
    if [ `grep serverstatus.log \"new version available\"` == \"new version available\"]; then

# save server
    #shutdown
    #run update .jar
    fi

I can crontab that ^ and not have to worry about things like reading the \"newspage\"

Reaction score
    Well, I can honestly say I like your idea. Something to automize updating would be quite a nice feature to have. And servers would be updated much quicker. It has to be capable of being disabled though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    keep in mind that this would not automize the updating...
    This will just allow for automated scripts, and people manually controlling server, to check for updates.