Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Suggestion 1

As the title suggests, a server side permissions system to be able to allow and deny certain commands from use either by configuring it specifically per player or by creating a Permissions group or rank/role and configure each player into these groups. This would help free up time and simplify administrative duties for server owners. A good system that is in-place in other fields/ games is either that of PermissionsEx from Minecraft's bukkit plugins or that of Microsoft's Users and Groups system employed up Windows Servers.

Example:

Allow the User to set-up and assign permissions from roles/ groups they make. the following is an example of what may be used on a build server.

Administrators - a role created by server owners and are given to users who are responsible for the Servers function:
    • debug commands
    • anything dealing with server stat
      • shutdown
      • restart
      • server backups
    • ect.

Moderators - a role created for the insurance that rules and guidelines are followed on the server, they should not be able to affect the servers functionality, only that the users are kept in check:
    • Ban
    • Kick
    • Mute
    • ect.

Builder - A role created to enable limited administrative access to certain commands that may help in the build process:
    • Jump
    • destroy entity
    • Change Sector
    • Enable Creative Mode
    • ect.

Suggestion 2

To build off of the previous suggestion, I would also like to see certain command tweaked and or added into the listing, as a purely build server perspective, the addition of:

• A separate command that allows users to delete only entities they have created. So that they can remove unwanted builds ONLY they spawned in or have ownership of.
    • Needed for the previous suggestion a way to transfer ownership of an entity to another user or a way to share the entities ownership to allow the removal of it from game.

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    Did you, uh

Type the wrong thing in?

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

It is what I am currently using for permissions on The Serene Horizons Build Server, but it is still very tedious to maintain and administer to new users and new permissions. A reality I have learned administering servers and especially up keeping user and group permissions alongside my studies to become a Systems Administer is that time comes, when the necessary tasks far exceed the time frame needed to manually take care of, therefor if one can automate or simplify the process than one should take the time to set those up. By creating Group based permissions system, you can assign the groups the desired permissions and then simply assign the users to said groups without the need to rewrite the permissions for individual users. Also if implemented right, it can make it easier to add or remove permissions from groups as seen fit and make said change available to all users in the group instead of having to apply them to each user separately

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It is what I am currently using for permissions on The Serene Horizons Build Server, but it is still very tedious to maintain and administer to new users and new permissions. A reality I have learned administering servers and especially up keeping user and group permissions alongside my studies to become a Systems Administer is that time comes, when the necessary tasks far exceed the time frame needed to manually take care of, therefor if one can automate or simplify the process than one should take the time to set those up. By creating Group based permissions system, you can assign the groups the desired permissions and then simply assign the users to said groups without the need to rewrite the permissions for individual users. Also if implemented right, it can make it easier to add or remove permissions from groups as seen fit and make said change available to all users in the group instead of having to apply them to each user separately
    I think a good setting would be to allow different groups to also have a different symbol in front of their name. For example, VIP members might have a ^ character. Mods have a $ character. BUILD accounts would have a + character.

An example player list:
    §SomeAdmin
    $SomeMod
    ^VIPMember
    +BuildPlayer
    RegularPlayer1
    RegularPlayer2

I think also setting sorting of the player list based on groups would also be a good thing. So admins would always show at top, mods underneath, vip's, etc.