Server Setup - Tibbits And Tricks (Windows)

Is This Thread Helpfull

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I Dont Understand it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hi all Thought I might post some server setup niceities here

You will need the .jar from the downloads page for starmade (The Linux Download).

Batch File Startup (CMD - Starmade-Port21.bat)

Code:
    :s_routine_1
    CD C:\{location}
    ::This is the directory you want to put the StarMade-Starter.jar in
    java -jar ./StarMade-Starter.jar -nogui
    CD starmade
    ::after the updater runs it will move into the starmade directory it autocreates
    echo Updated
    :s_routine_2
    java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx4048m -Xms4048m -Xincgc -Xshare:off -jar StarMade.jar -force -server -port:21
    :: java or javaw the choice is yours
    :: Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true (Forces IPv4 Only)
    :: port: (Is not mentioned in the wiki just in case if we ever want other ports)
    CHOICE /C URE /T 10 /d E /m "[ U ]pdate and Restart, [ R ]estart or [ E ]xit"
    :: Cntl+C will shutdown the server but by pressing N will bring up this choose menu
    goto s_routine_%ERRORLEVEL%
    :s_routine_3
    Exit

I do prefer this method of server runtime due to the ease of seeing a scrolling log.
    Im Planing on using the CMD Batch File to Auto Restart the server upon crash.

Please post any changes to the Server config file or even other nice little server tricks Batch Files that are not mods.

I may add a Backup Option Via Batch File aswell

P.S Who agrees that naming conventions are Important XD

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hi all Thought I might post some server setup niceities here

You will need the .jar from the downloads page for starmade (The Linux Download).

Batch File Startup (CMD - Starmade-Port21.bat)

Code:
    :s_routine_1
    CD C:\{location}
    ::This is the directory you want to put the StarMade-Starter.jar in
    java -jar ./StarMade-Starter.jar -nogui
    CD starmade
    ::after the updater runs it will move into the starmade directory it autocreates
    echo Updated
    :s_routine_2
    java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx4048m -Xms4048m -Xincgc -Xshare:off -jar StarMade.jar -force -server -port:21
    :: java or javaw the choice is yours
    :: Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true (Forces IPv4 Only)
    :: port: (Is not mentioned in the wiki just in case if we ever want other ports)
    CHOICE /C URE /T 10 /d E /m "[ U ]pdate and Restart, [ R ]estart or [ E ]xit"
    :: Cntl+C will shutdown the server but by pressing N will bring up this choose menu
    goto s_routine_%ERRORLEVEL%
    :s_routine_3
    Exit

I do prefer this method of server runtime due to the ease of seeing a scrolling log.
    Im Planing on using the CMD Batch File to Auto Restart the server upon crash.

Please post any changes to the Server config file or even other nice little server tricks Batch Files that are not mods.

I may add a Backup Option Via Batch File aswell

P.S Who agrees that naming conventions are Important XD
    So this is for setting up your own server? I was looking into that a while back for 2 people to have fun (me and a friend) without LAN access.