Server Settings

Reaction score
    I have been attempting to set up the settings for a private server and getting no where. I have found a file called server.cfg, is that where I change the settings? I have made a change to what I thought was the advanced building for the X, Y, Z, coordinates to make a larger area to work with, did not work thought. Any help please?

Thanks,
    Renainn

Reaction score
    yes, that is the correct file to edit. the value i think you want to change is called "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA" which is 10 by default.

Reaction score
    I found that and changed it to 50, then 50,50,50 and then 12500 (50x50x50) and no change ingame. :(

Reaction score
    hmmm... i changed the config to 15 from the default of 10 to see if it would work - and it did for me. are you moving the sliders to their maximum position in the gui? the config is the max number, not the one you start with when you push ctrl. you have to adjust the 3 sliders up to their maximum to get the maximum area.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    This may sound silly but did you save your changes you did in that config file? It's not the first time people forget that.

Reaction score
    yes i saved the file and made the changes while the server was not up and running. when I reopen the file the changes do appear.