Server Console Line

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I was investigating and snopping around with the server to try running multiple instances. I noticed it lacked one feature, and it was to be able to run commands directly from the terminal window (command prompt in my case). I'd suggest adding a command line to the bottom of it for executing commands, expecially shutdown.

This way it'd be a lot easier for scripts to be able to manage the server instances and administrators can run stuff directly from the window and without having to fire up the game or StarMote to do so.

Thanks, Foodie.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    +1 to this.

I find the lack of ability to issue commands via console a great hindrance for management purposes.

I run a few Minecraft servers and make good use of the ability to send console commands to the running screen - things like scheduled graceful restarts and adding people to whitelists in an automated fashion.

In fact, I found myself locked out of my StarMade server due it being full - I could not use starmote or the game to connect and issue commands.

Console commands (ala Minecraft style) would be a great feature.

Mike

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1

I can only agree with the previous requests. This feature would be greatly appreciated for the same reason as mickesheen :)

Regards,

Marc.

Reaction score
    +1

This is something that will be critical to the development of Starmade and I can\'t agree more that the way minecraft does its console commands very well.

-SeV7N