Server Connectivity and Ping Issues

Reaction score
    Hello. I am using the dedicated server file that comes with Star Made (not launching dedicated server from the launcher, I am using the .bat file within StarMade) and I am having some serious issues. At random times, the server will have megatons of lag. Like it'll shoot up to 50,000ping and persist for sometimes up to 5 minutes. I host it for my 2 friends and I. And sometimes the server will flat out deny them joining. It will tell one of them either the server the server is down or the address is wrong, and the other one will get stuck at "requestion synchronization" and it will tell him how long it's taking every 5 seconds, it will also stop at "login successful" or "connection successful". And then there are times the server is running fine but it says "Server does not respond!" and they get teleported whole sectors away. Basically to connect to my server it takes a lot of persistence sometimes because of these issues, and sometimes there are no issues at all.

I have an ethernet cable connected to my router and computer, and get 100Mb/s down and 5Mb/s up. I also host a Minecraft server, and a Killing Floor server occasionally and they never have these connection issues. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having these same issues? Are there solutions? Thanks.