Server.cfg keeps resetting

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Greetings, folks.

So for the past few days, I've encountered a highly obnoxious problem with my server. Every time I modify the server.cfg and restart the server for it to take effect, all changes are reverted and the file is reset to factory default. This also applies to changes done using ingame admin commands, such as to ignore docking areas.
    I tried changing every single variable one at a time, setting a read-only flag (which was blatantly ignored) and wiping everything. To no avail.

It's hosted on a friend's dedicated server running Linux and the latest version of SM, 0.157. I'm unsure as to when it first occured, but it definitely worked before .15.

The current config: http://pastebin.com/CA1ScaEK

The support chat couldn't help me at all (no hard feelings there, guys, thanks anyway) and we are utterly desperate to find a solution.
    We had set up an auto-update script that downloads the latest build automatically, no matter whether there's a new version or not. Both with and without this script, the issue remains.

All other files, as far as I can tell, are unaffected. This is rather weird as the build has no preset config to replace mine with, and I don't know what would trigger a reset at all.

Cheers
    Skull

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I've noticed that my server.cfg reset too, but I was able to put the values back in and it stayed.
    Can't help you on it, but you're not the only one ;)

Reaction score
    It is possible that I understood something wrong here, but if you set the permissions correctly, the file can't be overwritten, unless you're running the SM server as root.

There are no indications in the log about something gone wrong with the config (i.e. IOExceptions)?