Seriously!?.. Cloaking needs buffed

Reaction score
    Ok... I have a tiny scout ship that is filled with power blocks, I have one core, cloaking divice,radar block, cock pit and 1 block thick hulI.. and this thing eats power like crazy.

I think this block is way under powered

I suggest that tiny ships should take up way less energy from cloaking and radar jamming, cuz like I don't even have sheilds on this thing OR guns

and before you ask are you useing the power storage block? no I'm using a shit ton of power generater blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Take off some of you blocks to make it lighter. Are you meaning when you fly or shoot stuff?

Reaction score
    I did take off the hull and experimented but it still drains power.

if this is the case then there needs to be a light hulls (decorative) becuz I hate looking at a bunch of inner ship parts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Download my ship. It can cloak and jam constantly with 7700 shields and 4 23 block missile launchers.

http://star-made.org/content/stealth-ship-mk2

Reaction score
    Then you need a better understanding on the blocks, I can build a ship that can cloak, jam, fly,and shoot at the same time. Well not cloak and shoot since shooting takes you out of cloak. The more mass your ship has the more power drain there is, thus you need to know how power works. The basic idea is that you need your reactor to generate enough power for the mass of itself and everything else. Do some research on power.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Download it. Then start the launcher. Click start game. On this screen go to tools-open ship catalog manager. Then click import. Find the file and import it. It will then be available at a store in the \"available\" section of the catalog. If you get lost there are better explanations of this on these forums.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cloaking uses 1000 energy per unit of mass

Jamming uses 500 energy per unit of mass.

Ideally you want to match the energy requirements with surplus energy for flight, which means your propable going to have to make a pretty large ship, without a hull, a massive volume for your energy generators, with slow to medium speed, whatever works for you and doesnt drain the battery complteley durring flight. Its primary weapon i suggest should be the bunker-buster missiles, as your ship won\'t need sheilding. Once you get near enough to your target, lock on and fire. This will make your cloaking go down briefly so i suggest you immediatly reactivate it and run before they can draw a bead on you. repeat as needed, or until you must retreat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    tiny ships should take up way less energy from cloaking and radar jamming,

um

it already does

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There is no reason you can\'t fly while cloaked and jamming. My design can accelerate and fly at max speed with no power usage (even while cloaked and jamming).

Reaction score
    see this is what I mean, this ship is huge and it can cloak, radar jam, shoot missiles, and fly.

mine is a tiny ship and it drains energy like crazy and it has no weapons.

again, smaller ships need a cloaking and radar jamming buff, and we need decorative hulls that don\'t weigh anything so we can have nice looking ships but still have cloaking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve had several small ships that can radar jam, cloak, and shoot AMCs while also going really fast. Hypercrosses are good shapes for power generation... also you should probably look up how power works because once you do, you\'ll find making a small ship that cloaks/jams much easier than a large one.

Reaction score
    The current situation with power consumption is ridiculous. Just like the problem with shields, actually building something resembling a hull hinders you far too much compared to a skeletal frame of essential blocks.

Reaction score
    I\'m going to split my topic here is the link to the help part

http://star-made.org/content/can-someone-help-me-my-ship