Serious problem with ship turrets blowing each other up

Reaction score
    With a variety of huge vessels I'm using including everything else, all automated turrets keep destroying each other with the other's fire. Almost as soon as I confront someone and have my turrets fire upon them, the guns just end up killing each other trying to hit their target. (Always when one turret is in front of the other) And since I used missile turrets... Let's just say it didn't end well when I tried testing my ship's turrets to kill a pirate. Could we please have it changed to where turrets docked on the exact same ship don't ever damage each other when shooting their target? This is one realistic feature I absolutely would not want to ever stay in the game.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Equilibrium21

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yes I noticed this too and my frigate got ruined! That is about sixty turrets I'm talking about. :( Maybe the turrets need an AI overhaul so that they avoid friendly-fire?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I honestly believe this to be a Bug, kinda surprised it wasnt addressed, but merp x:

Reaction score
    Yes I noticed this too and my frigate got ruined! That is about sixty turrets I'm talking about. :( Maybe the turrets need an AI overhaul so that they avoid friendly-fire?
    That's exactly what's been happening with all large ships that have a huge amount of turrets. I have to replace almost every single one because they keep killing each other by friendly fire.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Maybe there should be a new option for AIs "Friendly Fire" on/off.