Serious exception on server

Reaction score
    Hi guys,

just recently I've started getting the message "Serious exception on server Serialization Failed, please send in report from server" nearly everytime the game auto saves.

At first I thought it was only happening on my dedicated server that myself and a mate play on (LAN)...but now it's happening in SP.

It got so bad last night, that I docked my ship and exit the game, but when I logged back on today my ship was 3k away, floating in space.

Anyone have any light on this matter? I have sent a report in, but I thought I'd check here...see if there is maybe a work around???

Cheers for reading.

Current release 0.15997
    Win7 Home premium 64
    Phenom ii x6 @ 3.5 oc
    8GB 1333 RAM
    2 x HD 7770's in X-fire
    Crosshair iv Formula mobo

Java and all drivers up to date.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It's not just you either. Sorry to say it like that, but it's good to hear that someone else encounters this issue. Check your logs, or upload them. It might help the devs.

I sent in a bug report to the tracker a week ago already, as it makes the game unenjoyable. Not sure if you've noticed; this is / triggers the rollback bug, which removes all progress on some, apparently random, entities, i.e., ships and stations. It sometimes hops between creations, sometimes after a server restart, or onto a newly created ship, but it also likes to affect ships which have changed sectors via commands. It then duplicates the ship, and when you unload and reload a sector in which the duplicated ship is in, it gets despawned.

So far no real updates have been given on the tracker, but I'm cautiously optimistic that work is being done behind this eerie quietness.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    This bug lives on... just as troubling to me now as the first time I read about it.... Has pretty much made me lose interest in playing the game and running a server.