Serenity

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Serenity from Firefly v1.0

So I finally have finished my Serenity project, to so far as I'm prepared to take it. The size is a little larger than I had expected, I'll probably build a smaller version sometime later but for now here you go. Plenty of internal space left over if you wish to boost the shields or add weapons or salvage beams or whatever these kids do these days.

Download this ship from BenchMinecraft

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I\'m curious as to how you\'re going to do the cargo hold and the engines.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yes so much yes, also if interested I made a post to possibly start a Browncoats faction

http://star-made.org/content/browncoats

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I loved the Firefly series and the movie, I would really enjoy seeing the finished product!! And maybe you could upload it for others to use as well? I wanted to build one myself but I don\'t have very good artistic skills so it wouldn\'t look very good. PLEASE FINISH SOON!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im so glad someone started this. I was thinking of doing it the other day, but certainly don\'t have enough shipbuilding practice to pull off a good one. Good luck. Looks like a nice start!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yep I\'ll be releasing the ship once done, the Serenity Shuttle is already available for download at www.benchminecraft.com in the star-made section

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Also, one thing that will come up for you: We can\'t make thrusters move/change position, so how are you going to do the side thrusters? probably fixed facing backwards, but then I can\'t pull off crazy Ivan\'s

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    yeah unfortunately no crazy ivan\'s until side thrusters are added. Also, progress screenshot...

Rearranged the wireframe a bit as things weren\'t quite lining up how I\'d have liked.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    mmmm remember to leave quite a bit of room for the cargo hold, if you look closely in the show you see it\'s quite huge actually, so far it looks amazing! also NO WEAPONS haha

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    if you look at the screenshot you can see the cargo marked out, that first blue line above the floor of the cargo hold is approx where catwalk will be, obviously ramps going up wont just go straight up, but as a single block wide wireframe it just shows that people go up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    cool, I just have a bad eye for sizing, I always think things will be too small

Reaction score
    I can\'t wait. I loved Firefly, I blew threw the entire series in two days. xD I was addicted.

Reaction score
    Very Beautiful work Bench, and I didnt knwo you had your own site! VERY nice and clean looking, simple and functional :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    also idea: remember how the wings on the shuttles were retractable? possibly make them out of plexdoors to give that same effect

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yup, one of several :D glad you like