Separation of door activation and docking beam

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I have run into a massive hiccup in my cruise ship plans, revolving around the plexdoors and the hangars.

In order to streamline the ship, I opted to place protective plexdoors over the hangars. This created the issue of not being able to dock any sizeable ships due to the plexdoor-controlling nature of the docking beam. If I attempt to dock a ship that fits the bays, the core is still behind the doors which causes the door to shut on the ship and glitch.

My idea is to remove the door control functionality from the docking beam and replace it with an "activator" beam. This would allow control over plexdoors, lights, essentially anything that can be activated manually including AMC arrays. It would also allow you to place the output of the beam wherever you want rather than having it originate from the core, in turn allowing easier docking when using a cockpit view. Another upside to this is, depending on beam/door placement, you would be able to open a door, dock without moving, and then shut the door once docked without ever leaving your ship.

I believe as a whole the docking system could use some work, but this could be an effective way of handling it (for now?)

P.S. I really wish the permission block worked on docking bays :\