Sentry turret!

Reaction score
    Has anyone developed sentry turrets? With the new docking system, we can place sentry turrets inside entities! Idk if I'm the only one to think of this, but if you can, can anyone post their sentry turret? That would be really cool!

Reaction score
    Oh yeah, I know about them (and they are both really cool!) But I mean like smaller turrets inside the ships themselves to repel invaders, like a boarding party. They turn a corner on the ship and suddenly a pair of AMC turrets are firing at them!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I have often put small sentry turrets inside of my larger ships to defend against boarding attempts. I haven't put one in any of my new ships that incorporate rails, but only because I haven't finished the ships yet. I typically put such turrets at points of entry, such as hangar bays or hallways outside of airlocks. Now that there is no longer a box dimension for turrets, they will be much easier to place.

Reactions: Gamma92
    Reaction score
    the issue with sentry turrets is the amount of space they require, and the firing rate (which typically is really lousy.

I'd think a long, narrow hallway with a sentry-gun (cannon-cannon) in the far wall would be a decent way to defend a passage.

Reactions: Gamma92