Sentinel Starship

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello there! This is my first ship contribution to the Starmade community ever, so while I hope you like the ship, any suggestions to better my ships would be appreciated! And without further ado, here is my original ship, the Sentinel!
    starmade-screenshot-0054.png starmade-screenshot-0095.png starmade-screenshot-0097.png
    starmade-screenshot-0099.png Regarding Statistics:
    Mass: 2,277.7 (W/rail 2608.216)
    Length: 69m
    Height: 20m
    Width: 59m
    Thrust: 1,126
    Shields: 104,337 (6,363 s/sec)
    Structure hp: 775, 780
    Armor hp: 761, 350

The Sentinel, while slow moving, boasts high survivability against other ships. With high shields and hp, its difficult for smaller ships to break her shields. Not that she's defenseless however. She boasts two machine gun cannons, heat-seeker missiles, swarm missiles, and high-power sniper cannons. Her turrets are designed to counter missile attacks, however they can be retrofitted/swapped out for more offensive based turrets. There isn't much to show internally, just a core room with a very small rail dock for escape pods (but for some reason i couldn't upload those pictures).

Reactions: Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The crystals are a bit to much.

Apart from that looks pretty solid.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    You should try having your lighting behind an overlap of hull, like what's been done here:

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to use pentas and tetras to help smooth out some surfaces. G'luck with future builds!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice start to it.
    I'd cut down on the crystal and if you are doing AMS (anti-missile system) with the turrets they can be much smaller. (10 blocks is the hulless theoretical minimum.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Nice start to it.
    I'd cut down on the crystal and if you are doing AMS (anti-missile system) with the turrets they can be much smaller. (10 blocks is the hulless theoretical minimum.)
    Yeah that seem's to be the general consensus, to cut back on the crystals. Good to know for the future. Regarding the AMS turrets, I have a bad tendency to over complicate things, so the turrets ended up much bigger than they needed to be, but they still serve their function. Still, good advice to know for my next project, whenever I start on that.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Looks like you're getting a rendering bug on wedged blocks from certain angles?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Looks like your getting a rendering bug on wedged blocks from certain angles?
    I'm not really sure if it is a bug. I have my graphics turned low so it isn't so demanding of my pc, since I don't own a high-end pc. After I turned my settings up, the the wedges rendered for me properly.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I'm not really sure if it is a bug. I have my graphics turned low so it isn't so demanding of my pc, since I don't own a high-end pc. After I turned my settings up, the the wedges rendered for me properly.
    Did you perhaps alter the VBO options in your launcher? Reverting back to default for that specific setting should fix it. VBO bulk size 4.

Quality settings such as texture pack resolution, backgrounds or normal maps should not be causing those issues. (I play at lowest possible settings without that issue :) ) If default VBO size has no effect, try incrementally increasing the value.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Did you perhaps alter the VBO options in your launcher? Reverting back to default for that specific setting should fix it. VBO bulk size 4.

Quality settings such as texture pack resolution, backgrounds or normal maps should not be causing those issues. (I play at lowest possible settings without that issue :) ) If default VBO size has no effect, try incrementally increasing the value.
    After going through my settings, I still have no idea what caused that with the wedges. I had my shadows off, so that may have been it, since after I turned them back on the problem disappeared. My VBO Bulk-Mode size is 8 MB, anything higher and my computer can't handle it.