Selling Partial Stacks Deletes All of Same Item Type

Reaction score
    Users on my server are reporting a bug since the update where if they try to sell only part of a stack of items, the game deletes all of the same type of item in their inventory and gives them money only for the ones specified to sell. This has happened several times and is easy to repeat.

Two ways they reported to me.

1: Split a single stack of items into two before selling, then attempt to sell one of the stacks. Both will vanish, money will be given only for the stack actually intended to be sold.

2: Move entire stack items to be sold, and then adjust the to sell quantity. All of the item type will vanish, but only the specified amount will be paid for.

Reaction score
    I also get this, on single player sandbox.

Only work around I can figure out is to toss the remaining items in storage so the only amount in inventory is what is to be sold.

Reaction score
    Bug confirmed here as well- I was just about to make my own thread about it, but here it is. Selling an item removes ALL units/stacks of it, and credits you only for the amount specified to sell.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont know if this is what you mean. But make sure that when you split a stack you place the split part in your inventory before dropping it or selling it or else it will get rid of it all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I split the stack ABOUT to attempt to use the dupe glitch, then I realized it was fixed and just sold the half. And *poof* all of that item is gone. I find this quite ironic actually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep, confirmed in single-player. I came to this forum specifically because I was having the issue and was going to post the bug report if I hadn\'t already seen a thread about it. At least I\'m glad it isn\'t an isolated issue.

This sucks, though, I as I spent a *long* time salvaging thousands of plexglass, but was only able to sell about 200 to the shop, which of course triggered the many thousands of the rest of my plexglass to be destroyed from my inventory. It was so very, very frustrating.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Was also about to make a thread about this issue. Extremely frustrating. Easily solved by only having what you wish to sell in inventory and rest in plexstorage, but should still be fixed