Self-Destruct Module & a few other ideas

Reaction score
    Greetings!

I've been playing StarMade for awhile now, and I currently host a server. My ideas are primarily going to be influenced by Multi-Player experiences. I understand the game is currently in Alpha, and there's the possibility of my suggestions being worked on or already suggested. But here are my ideas:

Self-Destruct Module

• ?? Computer/Module that can be placed on the ship that initiates a self-destruct sequence initiated by the pilot.

Purpose: To completely or cause heavy damage to the ship to leave little to no salvage.

I think that this Self-Destruct module will be useful for players that feel that being defeated in battle won't be a complete loss. Destroying the ship themselves not allowing the enemy to use the salvage to their benefit, would buy the victim more time to fight another day with a fighting chance, knowing that the player won't have a big boost on upgrades from their salvage. (Something along those lines.)

-----------------------------------

Here are my other ideas, which I'm sure have been suggested before anywhere else on the Forums.

• "Astronaught-Mode" Weapons

Pistols, Rifles, Laser Weapons, etc.

[*]"Astronaught-Mode" Tools

• Tools required to gather certain materials.

[*]Alien Life / Colonized Planets

• NPC's/Mobs that populate certain types of planets.

-----------------------------------

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. I'm really enjoying StarMade and the direction it is going!

-Xerxeth

EDIT: There is one more thing, and it's actually a biggie for me as a server host. The Ship Catalog... This really needs to be worked on for Multi-Player. I saw someone spawn a free ship that's just for salvage, and then players get rich off of it within' a few minutes of the game, then they'll purchase the toughest ships. This just ruins the enjoyment for other players.

My small suggestion for a temporary fix is to just add a way for Admins what can and can't be sold on the catalog. Wheter its a simple ban system on the ship names being uploaded to the catalog. Or a prompt to an admin or the server itself to allow an upload the the server's catalog list.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    mmm, the idea of self-destruct is interesting, but if there is no death penalty, many will go for suicidal rush...

So maybe only with death penalty...

Reaction score
    There would of course be a death penalty. The only way to survive/escape such a death penalty is to set yourself a timer for the self-destruct, giving you time to evacuate your ship. To which you\'ll still be exposed floating around in space trying to evade Anti-Matter cannons. :P

But when are you most likely to use the self-destruct? I would imagine that you\'d use it in the heat of combat, to a battle you are losing, since you don\'t want to benefit your enemy with a bunch of salvage.

The whole point was to simply destroy the ship, or cause severe damage to leave little or no scrap. Unless they add to the game when the core overheats, it causes an Area of Effect explosion, the idea of Jihad ships aren\'t too worrying. Also, I don\'t imagine a self-destructing ship doing too much damage to an enemy ship, unless you rammed one into a hangar. (Which is actually an interesting idea, in my opinion.) But yes, there would be a death penalty, considering you did not exit the spacecraft within the given timer.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    i like the idea and im curious as too weather a selfdestruct could already be achieved with disintergrator explosives

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be balanced if you still had to produce a certain amount of power per block/mass. This would mean that if you destroyed the generators of a ship quickly enough you could loot it, but it would also give the self-destruct option.