Seeker missile - target a whole load of enemies, and fire many missiles to each as you need.

Support?

• Yes, cool.

Votes: 5 71.4%
    • No, other.

Votes: 1 14.3%
    • No, OP.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    From Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

An idea.

In that game, there is an item known as the "Seeker Missiles" upgrade.

Anyway, in this suggestion, you basically charge the new block, Seeker Computer. Simply charge it up (takes not too long, about 3 seconds?) and look at all the enemies you want to fire at. The longer you look at an enemy and hold the... the... ' button, the more missiles are going to be released at that target. Anyway, hold # to release more at each target selected, and ; to select a target.

So, when that's done, all missiles, including the non-aming ones, will aim very well, dodge obstacles etc and speedily attack the target.

Uses up a lot of energy.

So, support?

Reactions: Spartan-228
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I like this it would be another way to engage multiple target. And unlike heat seekers you don't have to worry about friendly fire. The downside is unlike heat seekers you have to be looking at your target, but that makes it balanced.

Reactions: wolfboyft

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would want it to be at least balanced by producing relatively slow missiles. Maybe not the slowest missile type, but I think it should be evadable or shot down before it can slam into the target. Maybe for more balance, maybe a soft cap on missile damage with this seek type? Even with those limitations, I think it would still be thrilling on both sides of the missile launch; that is, I think targeted seeker missiles with appropriate balancing limitations will be thrilling for both the shooter and the target. With a high soft damage limit, you'll still see powerful weapons when they can make contact.

Reactions: Ithirahad

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, missiles can be shot down now. Slower missiles = more chance to shoot them down.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    id suggest that this be the minelayers slave effect when paired with the missile comp. the original idea of "sleeper missile" doesn't exactly blow me away :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd rather see this as an alternative function to heatseekers (do the locking thing, or just release immediately and hope for the best) or, as @Crimson-Artist said, as a Missile/Minelayer set up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love the Metroid Primes, Echoes being the hardest In my opinion of the 3, and I also believe this is a great idea. You would be able to hit exactly what you want to and nothing else. They probably have to be a bit harder hitting then heat seekers, but then again it depends on how many missiles you get to lock on.