Sectors Are Too Small

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Arent you annoyed when you are fighting the AI or other players, and in matter of seconds you drop into a new sector!?
    Features to fix this annoying issue.
    (Easy Fix) 1. Once you are in battle you will be unable to change sectors, and a 15 seconds cooldown will be activated until you or the opponent gets shot by you or him.
    (Funny Fix) 2. Once you or any other ship gets shot the whole sector will be in lockdown! lol Basically no one can get out of it, but people will be able to get into it (to simulate reinforcements from other players) with a cooldown period of 30 seconds from the last shot any ship was hit by.
    (difficult Fix) 3. For singleplayer and multiplayer in the settings.cfg a setting to change the size of sectors (And maybe random regenerated sector sizes?
    ) tiny, small, normal, big, large, huge and immense!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think its more of a matter of knowing where the sector borders are and the fact that enemies are \"optimized\" out of existence until you return to the sector they are in. Would be nice if you could transition over to another sector without the disruptions. But I think that will be fixed in time.

Kel

Reaction score
    I second this motion:
    1. Bigger sectors and
    2. The possibilities to keep adjected sectors \"linked\". Basically creating a seamless universe.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    seemless sectors are planned and I will probably try to implement that after the factions update (which will probably come on the weekend). i also very much like the 2nd option. maybe i still put in some kind of way to lockdown sectors

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looking forward to the seamless sectors.

If sectors were about 10x bigger i thnk it would work a lot better as well though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cant agree. 10x bigger means 10 times longer to fly through. bigger than know is fine, but it needs to be a reasonable size. 4 times of what we have now would already suit my taste.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If sectors were about 10x bigger, travelling would be worse, server load will be worse for sure since it will have to keep several times more stuff loaded at once.

Well, just those 2 disadvantages.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really don\'t like the lock down option #2; new players being able to get away when out gunned would be a positive in my mind.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would probably be just for some seconds so NPCs don\'t flee and you don\'t accidentally get out when engaging.