Sector Claimer

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    SECTOR CLAIM

So yeah,lets say you have a block that you can spawn,something like a station block (or simply a block you put on station if that is easier),but once you put down that block,and you put faction module on it,the sector is claimed by your faction..
    so everytime someone enters that sector,he is notified that your faction owns that sector
    -you entered >Sky federation< sector

so yeah,everything is still normal,everyone can enter that sector,its just claimed by you and others are notified when they enter it..

all this can lead to some possible future gameplay features and elements
    like:
    1-you have ship AI-s that respond to other ships entering your space to possibly warn them to back off
    2-you can decide to restrict them from using shops inside those sectors,or something else..
    3-you can restrict other players from entering your sectors with armed ships,if they do.. your AI-s react to that as a threat and engage them
    etc.. whatever you can think of

I hope you guys find this interesting,as this can lead to much more awesome things :)
    fly safe guys

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be interesting if it was used on multiplayer servers...

However, one thing I disagree with is the restrictions. If a player was attempting to travel through a sector just to reach a destination, it would be somewhat annoying. I think they should be allowed to travel through, and I think the AI idea is perfect for just that cause. Maybe instead they can target enemy players/factions. Although, there is a question I'd like to see you answer. What if someone is aiming to conquer a sector?

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    didn't schema and cal say that this was going to be part of the faction update?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm here to confirm that yeah, this was definitely talked about in the livestreams.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    yeah syklord luke knows, he was there with cal, tom raben ect.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    SECTOR CLAIM

So yeah,lets say you have a block that you can spawn,something like a station block (or simply a block you put on station if that is easier),but once you put down that block,and you put faction module on it,the sector is claimed by your faction..
    so everytime someone enters that sector,he is notified that your faction owns that sector
    -you entered >Sky federation< sector

so yeah,everything is still normal,everyone can enter that sector,its just claimed by you and others are notified when they enter it..

all this can lead to some possible future gameplay features and elements
    like:
    1-you have ship AI-s that respond to other ships entering your space to possibly warn them to back off
    2-you can decide to restrict them from using shops inside those sectors,or something else..
    3-you can restrict other players from entering your sectors with armed ships,if they do.. your AI-s react to that as a threat and engage them
    etc.. whatever you can think of

I hope you guys find this interesting,as this can lead to much more awesome things :)
    fly safe guys
    Oh good, then I'd have a reason to build territorial claim units. Haha.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    This would be interesting if it was used on multiplayer servers...

However, one thing I disagree with is the restrictions. If a player was attempting to travel through a sector just to reach a destination, it would be somewhat annoying. I think they should be allowed to travel through, and I think the AI idea is perfect for just that cause. Maybe instead they can target enemy players/factions. Although, there is a question I'd like to see you answer. What if someone is aiming to conquer a sector?
    well,if your aim is to conquer that sector,you better get there in a strong ship or in a fleet,if that sector is protected with lots of AI patrol ships,and the station itself (where that sector claimer is) could be well armed..
    :)
    then if you conquer it,good for you,you destroyed the station,and with it the claimer.. the sector is in ruins,and unclaimed,but after a heavy battle,your ships are not suited to defend it against a possible counter attack,so you better bring in more ships,instal your own claimer on your new station,and prepare for war

imagine this:
    in that sector you have a planet,where big factory that player contructed is located,and a great city around it,you wanna take that,the sector itself is a trade hub,and one of the servers largest Warp gates are instaled there,if you ruled that sector,you would have your own production,and control over large traffic..

so you can already see,the possibilities are endless :) faction wars would actually mean something finally
    :p

Last edited:
    Reactions: Arkudo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well,if your aim is to conquer that sector,you better get there in a strong ship or in a fleet,if that sector is protected with lots of AI patrol ships,and the station itself (where that sector claimer is) could be well armed..
    :)
    then if you conquer it,good for you,you destroyed the station,and with it the claimer.. the sector is in ruins,and unclaimed,but after a heavy battle,your ships are not suited to defend it against a possible counter attack,so you better bring in more ships,instal your own claimer on your new station,and prepare for war

imagine this:
    in that sector you have a planet,where big factory that player contructed is located,and a great city around it,you wanna take that,the sector itself is a trade hub,and of the servers largest Warp gates are instaled there,if you ruled that sector,you would have your own production,and control over large traffic..

so you can already see,the possibilities are endless :) faction wars would actually mean something finally
    :p
    YHOLE CITY....... YYHHOOLLEESS

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    With current AI it is not possible to allow small ships but auto-attack big ones in sectors around that Jump-Gate sector.
    It is also not possible to force a limit on "imported" weapons at a time or deny jumps of further ships.

Remote logic, scanners and AI would make it so much more interesting (hope it comes soon) :)