Searching some experienced Builders and Serveradmins

Reaction score
    Ok Guys,
    i am starting out a brand new server, hostet on a Hexa-Core optimized Root with over 10gb ram reserved for Starmade and its hosted on a server provided by a starmade hoster.

I am planning to set up a special kind of server:
    -It will be a hardcore server with many changes in weapon and system configs, prices and recipes
    -I will also try to create new shieldblocks which may be stronger but consume way more power
    -As soon as theres a way to change mass more modded blocks will follow all with positive and negative aspects.
    -Also i want to enable a maxspeed of 200 (so 400 in overdrive-state)
    -balancing on thrusters and the overdrive are also planned.
    -also shields and some other stuff will be very rare and not buyable your only way to get your hands on is crafting them or raiding / finding them.
    -blueprints will be enabled but you need to create them with blocks not with money to prevent any doublication abusers

these are only parts of what is planned and i am up to any suggestion

What i am searching:
    -I am searching some experienced People who are willing to help me setting that server and its world up and after the server is open help me administrating it.
    -A few planets with alien races and some stations are part of the plan.

Got interested? Contact me via PN!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    spelling mistake *raiding
    so you are going to make so there are no trading guild shops and the main currency on the server is blocks because there isn't many ways to get credits. also because your server is different to the default settings most people will have to customise or build new ships for your server
    Edit: there are quite a lot of servers out there but some or most are private

Reaction score
    Well i though about only setting up one shop which is selling hulls and other stuff.
    But things like weaponeffects or beams will only be obtainable by crafting.
    Yes enforcing blueprint buying with blocks is the only way to stop people from copy pasting 100k shieldblock ships or do you got another idea?
    Also I like the idea of everyone needing to construct ships and not just spawning in gigantic op ships dont you like that to?
    And yeah i def. want this server to be public :)

Edit:
    I also came up with the idea to change the bonus from shield, power and tanks to box dimension. This will support players who are trying to create clever ship-designs

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would like to know more about you before I(ask for the opportunity to) commit to helping out with a server like this....

Stuff like:
    • How long have you played Starmade?
    • Have you administrated any other servers for any games? Minecraft, starmade etc? EDIT: found this
    • Have you ever owned a server?
    • How old are you?
    • What time zone are you in?
    General Questions
    • Will the server be paid for by yourself on a regular basis, or will you be seeking help from admins/players via donations?
    • Where will the server be located?
    • Will there be some sort of communication set up? Vent? Teamspeak?
    • Will there be a separate website that admins will also have to moderate?
    I think that is all for now.... My level of interest really depends on most of these questions... I think it would be ill advised to venture into something like this without being properly informed. I hope this doesn't make me come across as a dick...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Well im glad that you asked as I were about editing this in.
    Since you did ill just answer one by one

I live in Germany and I am 21 Years Old.
    I owned many servers, mainly Counterstrike Source and Left4Dead and I administrated these.
    I also made own mods in Counterstrike Source which were only used on my server and therefor made it very famous.

The server will be paid by myself!
    I dont intend a pay-to-win-server neither I want admins to be forced to pay.
    I will create a link where you can donate on a free basis.
    Since I am not the person who needs a website I dont really feel like creating one.
    I would however accept a creation by someone else, if that person is experienced in that and wants to do that.
    A Teamspeak-Server shouldn't be much of a Problem but I dont think we really need one right now.

Reaction score
    Well since i am not advertising a server i dont think so.
    I am searching for experienced players who are up for some tips or who are interested in becoming a part of a serveradmin-team.