Search Faction ID

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I would like to have a "/search_faction_id" command. Something that can be used to find the faction ID of a faction using it's name.

For instance: there is a faction on a server called "Borg" and it's faction id is 1

"/search_faction_id Borg" would print something that indicates that the faction ID is "1".

Reactions: Lecic and Comr4de

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    These are not the numbers you are looking for. *waves with one hand*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    These are not the numbers you are looking for. *waves with one hand*

That would work... if my factions list was as small as that one. Opening mine takes a few moments. Trying to do it in StarMote results in an instant crash.

This also does not help with automation/scripting I, and many other servers, need to do.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That would work... if my factions list was as small as that one. Opening mine takes a few moments. Trying to do it in StarMote results in an instant crash.

This also does not help with automation/scripting I, and many other servers, need to do.
    I just thought you had missed that part of the faction hub and at least it's something.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You do know you could technically attempt to parse the factions.fac file, even if that may not be the best way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You do know you could technically attempt to parse the factions.fac file, even if that may not be the best way.
    It do know that, and that is what I currently tried to do. Stuff doesnt work too well on new factions. Server restart is required.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    *cough* first time i think running a small server is not a bad idea. No need to think about those APIs or whatever:rolleyes:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Might mean something to you, schema once told me the faction file is stored in a TAG format.