ScyTech Blackbird

Reaction score
    ScyTech has recently developed a ship based off Lockheed's famous SR-71 "Blackbird" spy plane.

It's primary function is a fast stealth vehicle, able to travel for over 20 minutes in stealth mode, (about 20 sectors if flying at full speed). This model features a pair of SD-BB missile launchers and a light shield array. This model was primarily designed as a showpiece ship, not a combat ship. (The MK2 version is somewhat better suited to combat roles.)

Thrust/Mass ratio: 735.0/292.3

Shield capacity: 6000 | Recharge time: 120e/sec (50 sec to fully charge) | Energy use: 60,000

Power capacity: 373500 | Recharge time: 143317/sec (2.606 sec. for full charge)

Full photo gallery here.

To download this ship, click here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Awesome Ship! I\'m curious about the cloaking, I\'ll have to try that out.

Reaction score
    Sweet! one note on cloaking and jamming. it turns off when you fire a shot, then has to cool down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was inspired by the image of this ship to make my own Blackbird because I simply love it\'s design in reality.
    Needless to say it ended up HUGE and the cloaking doesn\'t work even though it has like 700k+ regen to it\'s estimated 500 mass (even with only half of the hull on. . .).
    But i haven\'t downloaded this yet so out of respect i\'ll download it and have a good long fly around in it, then maybe try and make something more \'fighter-class\' instead of a mid-battle-cruiser.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve refitted this ship to an m-12 blackbird, i love the original ship, but out of respect i ask whether you\'d mind me posting it? (acknowledging Scy_tech as the original designer of course)