Bug Screen Capture Bug

Reaction score
    After the new update was released (0.156) all of my screen shots have been bugged, in the pictures my background is turned to a monochromatic grey. I have had this issue a couple times but only with the atmosphere of planets and windows turning to grey or white, but that happened many months ago before 0.14 was ever released. Bellow is a link to the image, please note that I tried turning on and off my procedural back ground both in game and at the launcher and neither of them helped.

http://dimcreaper.deviantart.com/art/Screen-capture-bug-please-read-description-461051598

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Open the image in an art program and remove the masked area and it will look normal.

Reaction score
    Open the image in an art program and remove the masked area and it will look normal.
    That does me no good, according to Photoshop there is no image there it is just a semi translucent grey layer. it seems to not register the existence of the back ground when the screenshot is taken.

Reaction score
    I looked for it to turn it off but I cant find it in the ingame options, is it a launcher option?
    Yes, and possibly hidden in the advanced settings. It's been known in the past to cause issues like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here is the picture from your link. Opened in an art program. All masks removed and saved:

Reaction score
    Corel Paintshop X6. I'm really not a fan of Adobe Photoshop. Simple tasks like this are much easier in Corel products (I clicked one button and saved).
    Ahh, gotta pay for it though and I am not looking to spend money. thanks for the help though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Another way to easily remove the mask is to open the .png image in MS Paint (part of windows), then save it as a .jpg. JPG images do not support the data for the mask, so it's automatically removed.

Reaction score
    Another way to easily remove the mask is to open the .png image in MS Paint (part of windows), then save it as a .jpg. JPG images do not support the data for the mask, so it's automatically removed.
    Just tried it out, not sure what is wrong with my Paint program but all it did was get rid of the transparancy the mask had, so now is just a solid grey back ground.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I get this with every screenshot, most recent version. AA is turned off ... :/ any ideas how to fix?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What you see as solid gray is in fact the transparent part of the *.png screenshot image.
    I started a thread about it here some time ago, the easiest remedy is to open your screenshot in an image manipulation program like for instance Gimp (www.gimp.org free) and add a black layer. Move your original image layer on top of this added layer and export the result as any format you like, *.jpg for instance.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No... i mean what setting can we change in-game that gives a "good" screenshot instead of these masked PNGs