Scratch's Ships

Reaction score
    It's an interesting concept, but functionally speaking, completely unnecessary in order for the pilot to select targets not to the front. You can hold right-shift to turn the camera without turning the ship OR double-press right-shift in order to do the same thing without having to hold down the key. Furthermore, you can zoom out of the camera by holding left-shift and scrolling. Once you've zoomed out and are panning the camera around, you can select targets with "F" as per normal. If it were two people in a ship... I don't see why the second player wouldn't just take over a turret if they weren't to pilot a ship instead?
    Ha! Typical...I tried just about every key except right shift trying to find the free view :ROFLMAO: ah well, I'll hang on to it for aesthetic purposes!

Reactions: wizerdwolf
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ha! Typical...I tried just about every key except right shift trying to find the free view :ROFLMAO: ah well, I'll hang on to it for aesthetic purposes!
    Haha, I have to look up controls and commands all the time I'm sure others have memorized by now.

Reactions: Scratchmort
    Reaction score
    Ok, I'm about 90% done with Repulse's exterior!

She's not amazing, but she's definitely an improvement on my other builds! She's only at about 15k mass, so I'd classify her as a light Cruiser (meaning I'll need to go up in size again for my next cruiser!), but I think I'll come up with a new Destroyer class after she's done...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Update:

Just about completed the replacement Destroyer for the Advantage-Class...first design of mines to have a USD built in.

Basilisk.png
    SWS Black (H-7)
    EDIT: Also Refitted the Repulse-Class with some new turrets, cause 6 guns is better than 4, right?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Updates:

Caroline-Class Destroyer (WIP):

Caroline-Class.png

SWS Caroline (H-8)

Revenge-Subclass Cruiser (WIP):

Revenge.png
    SWS Revenge (C-6)

The Revenge-Subclass is the improved version of the Repulse-Class. The main batteries deal out far more damage and there is a decently powerful damage beam mounted in the nose, as well as an auto cannon that can shred smaller ships very quickly once the heavier weapons have taken their shields down. After doing some testing on the Caroline-Class's main guns, I decided they would make good secondaries for the Revenge-Subclass. I also plan to widen the lower hull in order to fit turrets onto the ship's underside. Revenge is closer to a PvP ship compared to her sister ships, and although her PvP capabilities aren't ideal, I imagine she would hold her own far better than any other Repulse-Class cruiser configuration I've built so far.
    Essentially, she works well as a 'test run' for me building my first PvP-centric Cruiser, which will hopefully be my next build.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Updates:
    So I had a go at building some fighters in between building the larger ships...it was a nice change of pace :^D

Introducing:

Starling SF-103 'Munro' A1

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 18.26.45.png
    SF-103 A1 in SWS Colours

My first finished attempt at a fighter (Started a couple before this one, but I didn't like how they were turning out so I scrapped em). Tricker than I thought it would be! My only real problem is the boxy topside...it feels a bit...lazy...so I'll have to do something about that with the B model, when I get around to building it..

Starling D-1 'Midge'

Midge.png
    Starling 'Midge' in SWS Colours

The 'Midge' is a tiny drone fighter I came up with, I'm pretty sure it'll be useless against anything, but it's pretty cute so whatever :ROFLMAO:
    I also got bored and decided to come up with an old ww2 style ship recognition chart:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Updates:
    So I've realised that once the power update comes out, I'll essentially have to replace all my designs, so I thought better to start now than wait for the update! For now I'm focusing on just building decent-looking hulls that I can fill in later.

Anyway, here are some WIP designs I've been working on:

Elena-Class Light Cruiser:

I've still got quite a bit to do with the Elena-Class, namely putting in turrets and figuring out what I want to do with the nose (where the weapons are going to fit, etc, as well as some minor stuff like colouring / detailing).

I decided I'd try out a slightly different style with the newer builds, and the Elena-Class is kind of the transition into that new style. I'm not really 100% satisfied with how she's turning out (I definitely think the Repulse-Class was more pleasing on the eyes!), but I'm thinking I'll need to do another heavier cruiser class anyway.

River-Class Frigate:

The
    River-Class Frigate was my way of messing around with detailing and shapes, seeing what kinda stuff I could come up with. I think she ended up looking more like a mining ship than a warship, but I kinda like that! She's definitely the ugly duckling of the fleet, so to speak.

Type-11 Corvette:

So the Type-11 is another one of the 'new style' ships, and I definitely think it came out a lot closer to the idea in my head compared to the Elena-Class! I don't think there's an awful lot left to do with this ship other than adding some fine detailing here and there. Definitely pleased with this one, though!

I've saved the basic hull as a blueprint and I reckon I'll try and build a couple more designs around the same hull at some point.

Starling SF-107 B1 'Banshee':

This was another attempt at a fighter design, I like the general shape idea but I think it needs a little work (especially round the cockpit area). the first version of this design, the SF-107 A1, was pretty terrible, and the B1 is definitely an improvement. I'll keep working on this design, though!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You've got a really neat style going.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I very much like the design and progression of your ships. And you're borrowing some names from the Royal Navy, which is an extra bonus. :)

Reaction score
    Updates:

Working on my builds has been a bit slow-going at the moment, but I'm still working on some new ships that I'll (hopefully) be able to outfit using the new power system in order to replace some older designs!

Minotaur-Class Cruiser:

Minotaur-Class.png

SWS Minotaur under construction
    Intended to be the new power system replacement for the Repulse-Class, the Minotaur-Class is being designed to improve on its predecessor in terms of both offensive and defensive capability. This ship is being designed based on what I learned while testing the Repulse-Class in order to make it an all-round better ship.

Empress-Class Battlecruiser:

Empress Class.png
    SWS Empress under construction
    I couldn't really get a very good picture of the Empress-Class due to the turrets already being filled up with modules, but hopefully you'll get the basic idea ;)

currently coming in at 600m long, Empress is currently the largest ship I'm working on, and will be the largest fleet ship when she is complete. The Empress-Class is something of a test run for creating a ship that can pose a threat to ships of a similar size and devastate smaller ships very quickly.​

I very much like the design and progression of your ships. And you're borrowing some names from the Royal Navy, which is an extra bonus. :)
    Aha! I was wondering when someone would notice the RN names! Being a Brit I can't help but borrow one or two of them :-p, although there have been that many ships in the RN that half the time I do it by mistake! :ROFLMAO: Glad you like the ships!​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Update:
    So I've been working on a Stealth Destroyer, and I've been playing around with some camouflage schemes...unfortunately it won't make much difference due to modules now having a nice big 'shoot here' outline around them, but if it makes it harder to determine the shape of the ship, the direction it's moving, and it generally just makes the ship a little more confusing to fight then job done, right? :ROFLMAO:

I haven't done the whole ship yet but you should get the idea :-p

Deceiver-Class.png

Deceiver-Class Distance Test.png

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The current big white outline constantly displaying is a bug...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I think that's something to do with Schema testing for system scanning or something.