Scrap Option for ships...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm sure a lot of people here have wanted to tear apart an old ship, but if they're really large, it can take a while. Therefor, is it possible to add a "Scrap" option to the Ship Core?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    good idea and I think schema should also add a warning if your inventory doesn\'t have enough space for the materials.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Too exploitable, unfortunately. It would become far too easy for someone to just hijack a ship and tear it apart. There are already issues with Salvage weapons being rendered useless by people just chucking down a build block and going into build-mode. Being able to tear the whole ship down with the click of a button would make it even worse.

Way I see it, a titan should take a long time to disassemble because it\'s massive. Anything less doesn\'t take too terribly long if you make use of the advanced build mode. Between symmetry planes and removing a 10x10x10 square with each click, it should only take a few minutes to completely break down a ship.

Reaction score
    Scrap option if this is put in the game it should not give ANY materials back.

Why?

Oh shit im in a fight well better just scrap my ship so i dont lose ANYTHING.

And later sell those material and buy the ship back.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe to stop it being so exploitable, put a cap on how many of the resources you can get such as only 60% of the materials or something similar

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seems obvious.

And if you blow a hole in an enemy titan, destroy his faction block (is that possible? I think it is...) and ship core, and then slap down a build core and strip the ship apart, you deserve all the loot you get for going to that much trouble...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps simply make the option only available to the first preson who enters the ship, and then imprint on that person, considering them the owner.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In PvP, someone cores a capital ship and goes to loot their winnings, they cannot?

Edit: I should say that it might be SLIGHTLY over powered to be able to disassemble a capital ship in under a minute (if that), depending on size - perhaps it could be set so you go into the build mode, disassemble the ship, but the actual disassembly takes perhaps 10 seconds per 500 blocks or something - you must stay in the build block that entire time, making combat looting dangerous and requiring cover from friendly ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can use advanced build mode to remove whole planets in minutes, seconds with a itchy clicker finger. You can simply set up the three mirrors and set it to effect 10 10 10 at a time. Why do you need faster?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They should upgrade their clicker finger into a cybernetic one then