Sci-fi ship size comparison

Reaction score
    Check out this AWESOME bicture and try to find the smallest ship

I need to post the link so you can enlarge because the image is MASSIVE

http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-spaceships-398790051

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Love how it even has Galaxhar\'s ship from Monsters v.s Aliens.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This makes you realize how f*cking big Warhammer ships are. Their frigates are longer than most Star Trek ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Being the Star Wars nerd I am, most of the measurements for the Star Wars ships are inaccurate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just to note, it says in the updates that the Tardis is 0.25 and may be in Red Dwarf or anywhere else on the image. In other words, you won\'t be able to distinguish where it is as it\'s hasn\'t been able to draw a single pixel. Good luck to anyone hunting for it.

Reaction score
    depends if you take tardis inside or tardis outside...tardis outside would be tiny on this scale(what the creator used) but tardis inside...well, its infinite. But yeah, finding it would be impossible

Reaction score
    Obi aside from the fact that i cross referenced those sizes with wookiepiedia (Since i too am a star wars fan) It\'s impossible to be 100% with those ships because of a little thing known as cinematic scaling. Basically it means not everything is the same size all the time. For instance the millenium falcon has something like 3 different scales depending if your messing from the cockpit, the stareboard boarding ramp, or the whole outside as compared to its surroundings. The number of landing gear also changes depending on the movie, but thats a different topic.

Since the MIllenium falcon is not on there i will take the executer class super star destroyer. on the passage it says 19km long but on wookiepiedia the size ranges anywhere form 2,200m to 19km. The reason for this is the fact that the origanal model is actually smaller than the other stardestroyers. The simply used trick camera work to make it seem bigger, which makes it very difficult to pin down a size with out it actually being stated aloud.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Most scifi ships are bigger than star trecks...

Reaction score
    Most recent utopia planitia fleet yard developments have been small borg fighters like the Defiant.

Reaction score
    I think the smallest ship on the pic is what appears to be a small star wars corvette that appears as a speck just about one of the destroyers, atleast, that is what it looks like based on its size, likely to be a Correllian Corvette

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The smallest one I managed to find was the Star Trek, Klingon Empire, B\'rel Class, 109 metres. I think valid ships need to have the text next to them. Some of them have poor image editing/cropping so there appear to be specks around some ships, such as above the text of the Praetor-II Class Battlecruiser, 4800 metres (also, the other very faint pixels around the same ship). See Red Dwarf for cropping.